Pre-Dev-Update Thread! Yay! :D

Yes, specifically this test is 1 in put paying 100 outputs and it takes test tests::bench_reissue_1_to_100 ... bench: 5,289,357 ns/iter So this is independent of anything. These can also happen concurrently so I would expect we can push this figure significantly higher.

Trade offs are we need to check an Xor address per input (to see it’s not spent). That’s an async call, so we can probably have a large number of these per second. The clear thing is this is significantly faster than Visa and an awful lot faster than bitcoin.

Overall I feel we can really expand this easily, even with just bls batch sigs (which we need to code as threshold_crypto does not have these in place) and some parallelism I would think we easily 2-3X these figures.

What we are doing here is also (in addition to normal crypto payments) allowing the creation of put contracts/payments. So these would be the same throughput. i.e. we can get 100,000 chunks go through self encryption, get the names and then mint the DBCs for them in under a second. Then we can put at our leisure. That algo is in docs right now and going into POC any day. I hope T7 has that in place.

28 Likes