Pre-Dev-Update Thread! Yay! :D

The appeal for me would be that I could subscribe to the updates without subscribing to the user comments. It would be like the weekly updates but easier to digest I guess.

5 Likes

Makes sense @to7m , agreed that we will create new topics from now on :+1:

4 Likes

Yeah I guess that could get confusing.
I mostly meant what would we be able to play with overall on V5.
But I can see it may confuse.

2 Likes

When each new iteration is released there’s always a chance it may break things if the logfile output changes (which Edward is working on) but fixing that shouldn’t take long. Adding new features when the info becomes available (such as earnings, store cost and section stats) may take a bit longer but you should have at least what you’ve seen from vdash so far without much disruption.

7 Likes

Not gonna lie… I saw the above post and thought it was referring to this week (b/c it’s on a new thread). I (may have) started tweaking a little bit, but then I realized the post was from last week. Phew! I’m ready for the next testnet! :sweat_smile:

EDIT: moving to pre-dev update thread…

11 Likes

So why not restrict post rights for this topic to team members?
Usually forum software have such features.

2 Likes

17 Likes

Thanks for the idea, I do not find such an option in the forum settings, but I will look in more detail.

Privacy. Security. Freedom

1 Like

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: How we might market a DBC’s (Digital Bearer Certificate) Unique/Cash-like features

So there is this happening in Node repo… Guys, too fast, too fast, I’m getting dizzy!

https://github.com/maidsafe/sn_node/pull/1508

10 Likes

Only a first draft PR so unlikely for T5, but this suggests work on DBCs is progressing well.

https://github.com/maidsafe/sn_node/pull/1508

12 Likes

Beat you! 10 char

10characters

3 Likes

So does this mean pure AT2 transfers are being deprecated?

Full Dev update Tomorrow?

It’s Thursday, so let’s see.

I suppose it makes sense to deprecate AT2 transfers if everything can be done with DBCs though. As I understand it DBCs have both better performance and better privacy, so unless there’s no use cases they don’t support there may not be any need for the old AT2 transfers anymore.

2 Likes

Is it right ?

Does DBC work without AT2 ? Hum weired.

As I understand it our DBC’s are an amalgamation of AT2 and DBC, best of both worlds rolled into one.
No?

2 Likes

That was also my understanding

3 Likes

Yessir. Some AT2 elements like pushing sig accumulation to the client have been hybridized with DBC to get the best of both worlds. Atomic swaps and transactions, being light to the network (AT2), speed and anonymity (DBC). From my understanding.

10 Likes