Pre-Dev-Update Thread! Yay! :D

Yea we are testing entropy measures on chunks in Elders, i.e. before they get stored on Adults. It’s part of a simple answer to not storing readable data in chunks. The other test we will do is reduced chunk sizes to make even images useless (image formats already have high entropy). We have altered the way Elders keep track of which Adult stores which chunk, by removing that function (so much easier to sync when there is nothing to sync :slight_smile: ) No it’s how it’s supposed to be, chunks are in xor space, we know where they are and Adults need to republish them etc.

Anyhow that allows us to reduce chunk size and see how that alters anything. So a simple answer to unreadable or useless chunks, but as I say with the network now almost as simple as it was intended we can do these tests in less than 2 man weeks (i.e. just a few days, 2 or 3). It’s cool to be in this position.

BTW Dbc done now, just testing and tweaking so expect that in a testnet any week now. (not next week, maybe the next again). That was about 4 man days work. It will be 3 or 4 to integrate it IMO. Different days in MaidSafe nowadays, isn’t it nice.

39 Likes