It really feels like its coming today though. Are we a go? I can wait.
Decided to log in today, and this thread is looking like an expectant mother about to give birth any moment now. The contractions have started and the team is pushing
Someone get the team a curry for lunch
First time I think It’s best to postpone testnet release for tomorrow…
This is getting out of hand
I remember the dark days when a weekly update would get about 5 comments.
And I remember being the first to comment on a weekly dev update…
Privacy. Security. Freedom
I have asked the team to stand down on launch, there is a really silly configuration issue, it is daft and can be fixed quite easily, but the pressure was building and the author is not in today. We risk causing more confusion there. A few of us are diving in but likely not tonight for this one. 99% looks like not tonight
Sell sell sell Panic Despair
Ooooh so close!
The release was interrupted - this is worse than coitus interruptus
Of course we are still trying a move or 2. Sorry folks we are all as excited as you to get this out the door. Won’t be the most stable as we need to finish Anti Entropy work, but it will be a testnet. If we can we will though, but best to consider we wont. (yes more coffee needed )
Agree with David, can’t see it being tonight now. There’s a few of us still working on the issues that we’re seeing but it’s pretty late for the guys further East than us so can’t expect them to work, or even if they do not at full capacity so late
Remember people: April Fool’s
I hope you are right
I’m not a fan of Friday releases, it’s a general rule that we don’t do them because it will undoubtedly lead to the team having to give up some or all of their weekend to support. Plus we’re unsure if the team member who we really need, as he was the original author of a particular part we’re having trouble with, will be in tomorrow as he has other commitments.
So I’m not sure is the answer! If we come in tomorrow morning, manage to resolve the remaining issues quickly, then OK I can be convinced to release. But anything after say midday UK time I’d probably say we’re best waiting until Monday so we have a full team to support it. I can’t see it taking until next Thursday, but usual disclaimers apply - this could be a complex problem to resolve which takes many days, then something else comes up, etc, etc.
I was always told no April fools jokes allowed after midday, bad luck or something I assure you it’s not an April fool - trust me my eyes are blurry from working on it all day!
It’s not midday here