Pre-Dev-Update Thread! Yay! :D

i think you are better off using Augur for that. Just kidding.

As I said about 2 weeks ago it will be about 4 or so weeks, I’m betting I’m going to be right this time.

Can someone tell me what element of the development will make the safenet permanent meaning it will not be possible anymore for the developers to reset it? Is it the integration of vaults?

When the bug fixes will not require any changes to the protocol for storage/retrieval

It will be after vaults

Maybe before SAFEcoin, but unlikely

4 Likes

on the latest SAFE Crossroads JF leads with a big teaser ref. this evening’s Dev update… hope it’s not just wishful expression from his side… also another great chat with Senca on Decorum too on the podcast…

1 Like

will it be today? saturday? sunday? monday? tue…

2 Likes

Looks like a long weekend for us just now. An issue appeared which was very much heisnebug like, looks like we got it though, but held us up for last 3 days. We look to be back on track now. Lets hope so anyway.

17 Likes

long weekends? i wish I had those. my weekends disappear instantly! good luck and see you on the other side! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks :wink: Yip we got the bug (in routing) so now moving through the rest of the vault personas confirming and firming up churn handling (maid manager done, we hope to get pmid manager and SD manager today with luck). Over the weekend Data Manager and we should be in good shape. Working to last second to make it all happen :slight_smile: Usual project work

25 Likes

Much appreciation to all!

This project has been so open from the very beginning, it’s been surreal.

All you have to do is ask questions and someone will explain something to you.

Just don’t over use the gift and try to search once in a while!

15 Likes

i just want to say that this video is very nice and quality, good job! SAFE Network Client Demo - YouTube

5 Likes

I think I read that all the binaries work was mostly done with previous releases (the test nets). So I guess even those will be short short work once Vaults are fully checked out. Awesome if true!!!

3 Likes

Wow that was extremely powerful. Really shows the amazing power of SAFE in a very efficient 3min.

That would be a great marketing video.

1 Like

WHO’S EXCITED FOR VAULTS IN 2 DAYS??

lol Tbh I definitely have a bad feeling about that and think maybe went wrong and they won’t be avail Tues.

Just a feeling. It’s been too quiet round here

It’s OK tho…

5 Likes

If you think we are getting MVP on Tuesday - Like this. :smiley:

10 Likes

If you think we will not get MVP this Tuesday - Like this. :cry:

4 Likes

Disclaimer: my above “like” was the least liked like I ever liked.

2 Likes

I know a dev (I won’t mention his name :yum:) who is quite optimistic and who worked in his repo today ;-).

7 Likes

He mentioned elsewhere they are 3 days behind also.

It’s been quiet before, and then suddenly amazing amazing news.

Even if it’s not available Tuesday (no reason to think that it absolutely can’t be), perhaps there will just be even more excitement for Wednesday or Thursday (or Friday)!!

5 Likes

Most weekends and especially Sundays we don’t see that much new users either. Most of the times we see peaks in new users on Wednesdays.

1 Like