Pre-Dev-Update Thread! Yay! :D

2 Likes

Is the update a little late this week?

I take that as a Good Thing - there is much to cram in
OR
someone just noticed some aspect wasn’t quite ready for announcing and a swift rewrite is in progress… Another Good Thing - the QA is working {{strawclutch}}

Either way its all good :slight_smile:

Merged #2207 into master.

https://github.com/maidsafe/sn_routing/pull/2207#event-3894304862

https://github.com/maidsafe/sn_data_types/pull/251

13 Likes

I don’t expect a testnet just yet, but…

18 Likes

With the decentralised storage space (filecoin) and crypto space heating up. A demo (even simple) of what the safenetwork is would really bring some attention and energy into this project. I’m looking forward to this weeks update tomorrow :nerd_face:.

6 Likes

That they are going through the repos clearing old issues (today sn_data_types and Safe Browser, no doubt more over the coming days) is a good sign, but doesn’t mean a testnet is imminent. It is preparation, but may still be a few weeks depending on how the internal testing has been going, or sooner if we’re lucky.

7 Likes

2 Likes

Odds of test net this week? Can someone read the github rune :grinning:

1 Like

Github rune… I’ll give it a try.

First, let’s remember this:

At least this PR regarding the stratup was merged recently: Start the first node with higher age

But then there was also this issue:

Maybe fixed by this: Fixes for section start-up issues and project directory updates

So I’m hopeful. But of course my view on the crystal ball called Github is obscured by lack of real understanding… :man_farmer: :crystal_ball:

4 Likes

Its too early for Christmas presents

2 Likes

“Santa just found this :gift: with a name tag from last year and decided to bring it spesifically for you becaude you been such a nice boy!”

3 Likes

Is anybody else as impatient as me to see whats new?
I dont expect a release today though.

3 Likes

Yes. There won’t be. It’s Wednesday.

7 Likes

Lockdown dis-orientation :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Its okay you can copy and paste it tomorrow

9 Likes

This post was lovingly created with 100% recycled materials

7 Likes

I am! Don’t think we will see Fleming this year though. But hopefully another juicy testnet…

2 Likes

I’m not expecting a release today.

1 Like

It’s Wednesday so that’s a given

2 Likes

Last week he thought Wednesday was Thursday so he’s referencing that in jest.

2 Likes