Pre-Dev-Update Thread! Yay! :D

Still great news though, especially if we combine it with this one:

So Crust and Routing are ready, the Vaults have showed they can handle some extreme Churn (nodes leaving the network like a PC that crashes). And now we’re seeing the final steps to the MVP with the latest work on the Vaults. Who said great news always comes on Tuesday evening :yum:.

11 Likes

Just small correction, crust and routing have tested this to be true, vaults require to follow that. This is what we are confirming right now, it should take a few days though as these tests take a while to run.

14 Likes

Apparently dirvine just said that no great news is coming this tuesday :frowning:

Everything he just provided is great news! What comes Tuesday will be a more in-depth review of everything behind it and that’s great news to me!

5 Likes

They are testing the Vaults right now and locked several libraries in the code. All looks like :thumbsup: although we have to wait some days for the tests to be done. Well, I don’t have a problem with some extra days. It’s better to have good tested code than some buggy disaster. Again, to me things look positive.

8 Likes

No vaults, but …

13 Likes

It’s OK that’s great news to me! Not far off!

2 Likes

but… messaging? (20 char)

1 Like

Haha, some dev is teasing the forum ;-). I think it’s an API or messenger App. Not sure though.

2 Likes

I’ve recently learned how semantic versioning works and am very thankfully I have. The importance of Github notifications have increased significantly since learning about it. :wink:

4 Likes

But… A date? A roadmap?

Can envision David showing himself as a madman of delight, playing in his field of devteam-coded splendor miraculously representing his vision from ten years ago. So much good news now and on the horizon!

5 Likes

@Audity I am picturing a mad hatter themed artistic rendering of the dev team…how cool would that be!!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

i think you are better off using Augur for that. Just kidding.

As I said about 2 weeks ago it will be about 4 or so weeks, I’m betting I’m going to be right this time.

Can someone tell me what element of the development will make the safenet permanent meaning it will not be possible anymore for the developers to reset it? Is it the integration of vaults?

When the bug fixes will not require any changes to the protocol for storage/retrieval

It will be after vaults

Maybe before SAFEcoin, but unlikely

4 Likes

on the latest SAFE Crossroads JF leads with a big teaser ref. this evening’s Dev update… hope it’s not just wishful expression from his side… also another great chat with Senca on Decorum too on the podcast…

1 Like

will it be today? saturday? sunday? monday? tue…

2 Likes

Looks like a long weekend for us just now. An issue appeared which was very much heisnebug like, looks like we got it though, but held us up for last 3 days. We look to be back on track now. Lets hope so anyway.

17 Likes

long weekends? i wish I had those. my weekends disappear instantly! good luck and see you on the other side! :slight_smile:

1 Like