Pre-Dev-Update Thread! Yay! :D

Anyone from Maidsafe know if we will have any update on the academical review of PARSEC soonish?

2 Likes

I reckon about this time next year. Those academics are overworked you know

2 Likes

I looked at the timescale of another publication from that journal that are a “crypto” project and it looks like perhaps about May of next year. Peer review took about a year with Algorand. Of course this is just a rough guess.

3 Likes

but before that there should be some kind of decision from the journal if they are interested at all. Review can take a lot of time but by now should the journal not have communicated if they are interested and think that the paper is suitable for their audience?

3 Likes

Is it possible that BLS will be finished today? Or is it more likely to take some months to do so?

1 Like

They split BLS to 6 EPIC parts. Part 2 is done, 1 and 3 in progress and 4-6 waiting. Some works are going together with Vault Phase 2 and SMD.

The estimate time needed to finish Phase 2 (BLS, Vault Phase 2 and SMD) is 9 - 17 weeks (middle of November to middle of January).

I counted estimate times in each project were 6 devs are actually working on it.

6 Likes

dont know how you estimated this - looks pesimistic, but for me it looks more like SMD (its completed but some improvements are to be implemented after BLS), Vault 2 and BLS done by end of October at latest, the pace right now is much faster than the estimates. Then only node aging planing ? and implementing (node aging was already started - and is now temp paused - so some work, planing might already be done) + Vault 3 and 4 concurrently along node aging (remember David said one of those will be easy and fast, not sure it was nr 3 or 4). So we might get the Network testnets on christmas? Might be…
PS. I think each weekly update will give even more bright picture than the estimates.
PS2. Who is selling their MAID so close to release… its crazy :smiley:

2 Likes

Mate, obviously you don’t keep up with the project plan

2 Likes

Some works are already done but not yet on GitHub, SMD improvements are not on main list To Do, but still about 27 dev days.

If more people will help (or some already do, but are not on GitHub), than it can be sooner. If some devs are only part time, than it will be later.

I think that have it done during November would be great and it is possible.

1 Like

Some of the SMD improvements are not yet confirmed to be done, some have questionmarks. We might skip large part of the improvements as those might not be needed, when you see new commits daily in Github you can see the pace is really good. We are ahead of the estimates for now. Lets see what else todays update will bring.

1 Like

Not necessary for Flemming

1 Like

Only 1 task is paused. 5 are in progress and 11 to do

1 Like

from what i understand there will be no flemming, the next release is much more than flemming was supposed to be. We will get the network with almost or all features.

8 Likes

Nice to see the change in attitude. Don’t let stress get the better of you. Have a great day.

8 Likes

Must be Flemmwell or Maxming

1 Like

Paging @anon94252342 - looks like your account has been hacked.

Just kidding, bones beat me to it.

2 Likes

First Testnet :sunglasses:

there is some new issues added by David to the routing github repo, am I wrong or does it seem like its related to node aging and it doesnt seems to be to much work if that is all which is needed for node aging… but i probably am wrong…

EDIT; project plan for the last piece remaining - NodeAging is up in Github, very nice indeed

6 Likes

Could be :wink: Start of a project board anyhow. Lets see where it goes.

18 Likes

I am really grad to see the final stage of this great and ambitious mission.

5 Likes