Pre-Dev-Update Thread! Yay! :D

What’s new @polpolrene?

3 Likes

Lot of stuff going on in these repo’s:

3 Likes

thanks! do you think alpha 2 is this week?

I really have no idea, I would say no. Think we’ll see TEST 18b first. Which will become Alpha 2. But really don’t know.

4 Likes

I don’t believe Alpha 2 (or any alpha) will be ‘released’, the process I understand is that once a test network works as required, it will ‘become’ alpha X. So we can expect another test because we know there were bugs fixed which need to be checked out by the community.

So I think quite likely there will be a new test this week or next, and if that works ok we might have alpha 2 two to four weeks after (or if not another test and so on).

11 Likes

I think this quote is significant from 4 days ago. And as @happybeing says it will be a testnet first

4 Likes

Still I think it’ll be an interesting fall and winter.

4 Likes

Am I right in thinking it is likely we get a new testversion tomorrow and that if all goes well that could morph into alpha 2 over coming weeks?

Does anyone think tomorrow is too soon for the next test iteration?

2 Likes

I think David indicated he thought it’d be a week or two, so it could easily be at least another week before all of the issues they wanted to address are solved.

I’d be surprised if it were ready for tomorrow, but you never know!

4 Likes

However this week I’ll probably be harvesting my potatoes! :smile: Literal farming to fill the time between waiting for the next step towards the metaphorical kind.

10 Likes

60:40 new test network this week or next IMO. I’m seeing some version changes which are sometimes a good omen. :wink:

7 Likes

I just harvested tats, beans, beetroot and corn to go with our chicken for dinner. We had all-home-grown gazpacho for lunch /shameless brag :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Decentralised farming FTW!

18 Likes

I wish I could get a dollar for every time I hear this suggested.

3 Likes

I think this quote is significant from 7 days ago. And as @happybeing says it will be a testnet first

6 Likes

Can someone explain how the next testnet turns into Alpha2. I’m thinking from a marketing perspective, the noise will be around Alpha 2 not another testnet version

Technically. It just remains running and called alpha2. There may or may not be a reset of the data/vaults.

Promotion: why not just announce it when its decided that it will be alpha 2.

I guess I’m trying to understand why someone makes the call that we are at Alpha 2. Why not call testnet 18b (or whatever). Alpha 2.? Is it just bedding down the next testnet a bit more?

2 Likes

System URI arrived at version 0.2

Version

Some links for the SAFE Browser are moved to (Amazon Web Services) AWS as well.

And there’s more

AUTH

Core

SAFEapp

I would guess TEST 18b today.

11 Likes

If the next testnet is sufficiently bug free then it can remain running as alpha 2, but if a problem occurs that stops it from being able to run a long time or it fails one of the alpha 2 goals then more bug fixing and test again.

10 Likes

Love it!
Our SE Asian node in the DFN (Decentralised Farm Network) will have Tamarind, Sugar Apples, Gac, Inca Star peanuts, Papaya, Mango, Dragon Fruit and other fruits and veggies in season.
Too bad the SAFE network can’t transfer edibles as easily as data!

4 Likes