Pre-Dev-Update Thread! Yay! :D

That would be awesome to introduce the new way of working for dabbling devs, and make it easier for people to get started with browsing from a single download.

Excited for Thursday, and hope they’ll announce test 12b, though previously I seem to remember that with the tests there was usually 1 dev update saying the test results, then another week before the follow up test.

Edit: well, it definitely won’t be announced on Thursday… Wednesday is even better :smiley:

4 Likes

As you may now have realised this was done for test 12b and unlikely to remain long term when hole punching doesn’t have the socket problem.

Although a seed node, especially the first node would still need uPNP or port forwarding if behind a NAT router since there is no network yet for hole punching to work.

5 Likes

Looks like it’s really really close :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

and

I wouldn’t be surprised if we see the end of the Launcher and Demo App today. Make sure to grab a copy and store it somewhere ;-).

11 Likes

fingers crossed, fingers crossed! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And toes. Don’t forget the toes…

10 Likes

Test 12b seems to be a success. I’m sure it will be sprung on us much like Alpha 1. Who is willing to hazard a guess?

11 Likes

Having seen who the other fellow is that likes your prediction makes me like it even more.

13 Likes

Crust now at version 0.21.0

Gotta love this community :point_down:

Here’s the request by someone (:nerd:) to add an estimation in the Vault-log for networksize. Below the great reply by @anon86652309

@tfa put up a PR to get this added to the codebase.

Thank you very much for putting work into this!

12 Likes

impressive how the parallel development-lines in routing look like lately

the last 3 days: Oo

7 Likes

Nice work @tfa

21 Likes

API Documentation #26

14 Likes

5 Likes

Just merged

This one as well.

9 Likes

This “hosting manager” seems like it would make a good natural connection point between the safe network and http. I still regard http support as something that safe will want to implement for the purpose of ubiquity.

This must be the biggest PR ever for SAFE. I wanted to make a bigger screenshot but ran out of pixels :grinning:.

23 Likes

Itching to get devv-ing further!!!

Hope Thursday brings the new data type and maybe authenticator as well!!!

I know there’s many of us who have been on the edge of our seat waiting for these things so we can create next level apps!!

10 Likes

I’m a cheap date, all I want is a stable vault from home.

8 Likes

Same with me. Stable vaults I believe will be a huge piece to the puzzle just based on the sheer time it has taken for this step of development. Thursday can’t come soon enough!

4 Likes

Stable vaults from home is not a cheap date. Getting stable vaults is more like your date proposing marriage, it is huge deal. lol :smile:

And Safecoin is the wedding :wink:

11 Likes

True. None the less I have that warm fuzzy feeling telling me ‘this’ may be the one. :wink:

7 Likes