Poloniex trading thread

You are welcome!

I hope the big whales don’t counterplay and put pressure on us now that we have this info readily available :smile:

The price might touch 1.5- 1.6c again when they feel that there is this opportunity to buy low (on bad news etc) but I think to get to 3c in 1 month from now is more likely fingers crossed

It is interesting you say that. I think the “default” BTC chart looks much worse thank this one, so this chart should be encouraging for the longs.

1 Like

Can you explain these fibonacci levels for the not traders amongst us :smile:

Charts here track to USD: MaidSafeCoin price today, MAID to USD live, marketcap and chart | CoinMarketCap

As far as I have read David Irvine vision is for Safcoin to serve for storage allocation token on the Safe Network. That a Safecoin could possibly become something more than that, i.e. serve as a unit of account (currency), is outside this scope and far from a certainty. A coin that is not divisible (and vice versa) is not a coin that can be used as a unit of account, and unlikely to be used as a currency. Hopefully it will be addressed but so far I have seen nothing concrete on this from the developers. @happybeing mentioned that there may be a fixed exchange system between different “alt-Safecoins” to simulate division over on this thread - it might work perfectly, especially if it is bi-directional and transparent.

Don’t get me wrong I would love to see Safecoin become a unit of account and not just serve as a hard drive space resource allocation token - which is why I keep pursuing this division question. I am just pointing out that given the current information any future Safecoin valuation predictions are hardly slam dunks there are a lot of big unknowns.

2 Likes

This is off-topic, maybe someone shared it with you already but this explains the idea: Safecoin divisibility

1 Like

Definition of Fibonacci levels here : What Are Fibonacci Retracements and Fibonacci Ratios?

I use them to identify resistance and support levels within charts. I take the top value and name it 100% and the bottom 0% and then draw horizontal lines at the key levels I described there,

In mature charts, at some Fibbonacci levels (ex 39.2% ) you will see the downtrend or uptrend reversing, or not and breaking ,indicating buy or sell signals.

1 Like

I was aware of that graph but I find it too smooth and wanted to have my own version to play around :slight_smile:

1 Like

It was at about $6c at the start of 2015, when most people expected launch was near. I think we’ll be going there after the current sprint, when we’ll have a unified public network up and running. It is sure to cause quite a bit of media attention, and once people try it out they’ll get excited again. Right now I have the feeling that most of the Bitcoin community is skepitcal of SAFE, to the point of considering it vaporware.

5 Likes

And a lack of blockchain :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks @sfcoin for that graph, very interesting indeed. Lowest below 2 cents and highest at approx 6 cents.

So having 6 cents before completely live safecoin seems reasonable to me.

How dare you :rage:

All HAIL the Blockchain :jack_o_lantern:

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Somebody took a big dump on Polo, over 100 BTC traded and it’s not even noon yet - maybe one of those lucky MasterXchange customers who loaded up on the cheap MAID.

4 Likes

i had to laugh so loud when i saw this huge dump drinking my morning coffee :smiley:

1 Like

It can be an expensive time with Christmas looming so may see more of the same. Developers have to eat too…

1 Like

is that guy retarded?

why some guys dumped maid crazily???

It could have been several of them, who knows. Big fish for sure…
Prices on MastereXchange were lower than on Polo so one could buy any amount there and simply dump it on Polo and make a 20% profit or more.

5451satoshi god thanks !! i hope these cheap traders will continue to panic sell

1 Like

Personally, I think handing out 10% GET reward for every request on the network greatly devalues the currency. MaidSafe re-iterated their support for this plan recently. Might this be a correction due to that?

no volume there, can’t get decent profit from masterxchange

1 Like