Poloniex Delisting MAID - December 30 - MUST Withdraw by January 30

The same Poloniex did, open your eyes, everyone ignore reality…

I’m not sure. Why did Poloniex delist?

We have to assume there is a chance of it happening. Even if it doesn’t most of the liquidity was on Poloniex, so unless MAID gets on an exchange that brings back more volume I believe it’s hurting the project.

If maid was on Binance and Kraken, we would see a lot more volume. And with Fleming so close it’s going to be a missed opportunity to get the maid price higher and create more hype and attention…maybe that’s something we don’t want yet?

3 Likes

So they set up a whole new business and whole new exchange with all the hassle that involved to make money from traders, and just as they are about to make more money as volume increases, you think they will delist.
Pull the other one it’s got bells on it.

1 Like

I don’t think it likely imho.
More exchanges and liquidity would be great, your right.
As for polo, who knows why they dropped omni.
But bittrex international was set up to allow the trading of such coins, so I do not see a delist happening.

2 Likes

“i don’t think they will” isn’t a great business strategy. Assuming they will is cautious and doesn’t leave the fate of the MAID price down to one exchange. If we are wrong and they don’t delist, we have more liquidity and exchanges with reduced risk. If we are right and nothing has been done the price of maid is at risk. The choice looks obvious to me.

4 Likes

Check the latest “Angel Investor” October 2019 court case link in my post here. Way too many red flags for some of us to move liquidity to Bittrex and it has been that way for years it is not a one off.

1 Like

There are in general no good exchanges in the crypto world, only less bad. Bittrex is probably in top 10-20 in trusted exchanges. Besides their awfull way of dealing with delisting coins they are far better than the majority of all other exchanges. I don’t understand your posts as you don’t compare to any alternative as what can be considered good exchanges and how we can get on them.

1 Like

The total trading volume on bittrex is quite low, so most increase will need to come from people signing up to bittrex specifically to trade MAID. Not sure how likely that is, but I would think it’s more likely more people would trade if they saw MAID on exchanges where they already trade.

2 Likes

Every exchange I ever signed up to was to trade a particular asset.
Maybe many just buy whatever to trade, who knows.

3 Likes

CEO-Man said they’re working on applications to more exchanges. Sure there have been busts in the past with exchanges (Bitker/others)… all the more to learn from and do it better this time. So, not only is it unlikely that Bittrex will de-list (being a much bigger exchange variety-wise, than Poloniex who de-lists stuff based on whims for their cherry-picking website), but based on the @dirvine’s words it feels as if more exchanges are on the horizon—hopefully ones that get the most excitement to be the next main place to trade MAID (if Bittrex doesn’t already do that soon?). Then to make even more merry, possibly an ERC20 half-transition could happen, for good measure, if people get less divided there (dunno). Which then leads to even more exchanges listing MAID? Maybe that plus Fleming will be an ultimate driver of price and progress?

2 Likes

Did get to trade on Bittrex and it’s really hard to get any volume. Buying 50k maid has been a lot of labour. If you want to buy 1mil it would push the price to unheard heights, not really viable. Definitely need a place with more volume…

3 Likes

There is no other place with higher volume, even when you go to Binance. There are not suddenly a lot of new MAID buyers there. It is just us. So when Polo is gone, a lot will move to Bittrex, and Bittrex will be much more liquid. If we get access to the VCC exchange (Bittrex partner) as well, it will get even better.

MAID/BTC is a relative small market, it is best to have one main exchange where everyone focuses on. And some small ones as backup.

Also, OMNI is working on their DEX to support BTC pairs. It means we can trade BTC/MAID directly from https://www.omniwallet.org/ soon I hope.

I don’t see any need for an erc20 token now. We should had that one 1-2 years ago. Now it is too late. Just finish that damn MVP.

14 Likes

Maybe @nevel is right. I still think there could be opportunities by having an erc20. I know not everyone worries about price but I do and Maidsafe should be as well seeing as it is part of their runway. An Omni DEX could be promising. We need real Safecoin ASAP imo though.

2 Likes

Factom are also being delisted. They have been launched a long time ago with their native token. So even when Maidsafe is launched it will potentially be an issue unless the hype train really does take off. But even then the big exchanges may require a hefty fee to get on there.

Here is the Factom discussion on Reddit:

From Paul Snow:

"continue to work with exchanges on listings. For example, we did get listed today on Bilaxy. This is hard work for truly decentralized projects like Factom, because many exchanges want very high fees or large percentages of all tokens. (something truly decentralized projects can’t easily do).

But we have been and continue to work on liquidity."

Are Factom making a mistake to not pay the fee to get on Binace? Is it hurting them and risking the project or is it the correct move and will pay off in the end?

3 Likes

Once were launched, hopefully maidsafe can code an exchange.

4 Likes

We should have built a community exchange or brokerage a long time ago.
I tried to get this forum to do something via the forum itself. It really is not difficult. You use a third party to escrow and you base everything around reviews and levels of membership. I got my first ever Maid from a well known person on this very forum. We just transacted and then repeated the process many more times. In fact I got my first crypto and bitcoin that way just via forums and eBay at the time. Lol.
We are a tight community and I’m sure we can help one another without going to overcomplicated measures. Local bitcoin literally uses this very basic business model.
I also buy gold and silver on the side and there is a well known sub reddit that operates the same way, one buyer, one seller and one third party for escrow it really is that simple and easy.
Just my two cents.

4 Likes

If we are talking only centralised exchanges, then I fully agree. If talking decentralised exchanges then hardware wallet always in our custody is probably as good as we can get.

This post sums it up, basically it is better if people can make informed decisions and evaluate the risk for themselves. The alternative I suggested at the end of the same post, more thoughts here.

Sure, and they also have a list of negative news stories which is unique in the exchange world so should be considered before signing up. I know of no other exchange that has gone to court to protect the identity of what appears to be some extremely sophisticated criminals (look up how they did it for each hack behind the news stories). Criminals that have stolen significant bags of cryptocurrency and cashed out on Bittrex. Repeatedly. Over long time periods. I have not the time or desire to do the analysis as I could not seriously consider it as an option, but searching on this exchange appears to turn up a larger than normal amount of individually hacked accounts with large balances (as apposed to one huge hack like the Bitfinex disaster, also even more highly “trusted” on that list you posted but if I recall not one of your favourites).

On the heels of Poloniex withdrawing from the US market and now delisting I think a worthwhile solution would be for the MAIDSAFE devs, or a trusted third party or investor to implement and RUN THEIR OWN GATEWAY on the decentralized BitShares network. They would then control their own destiny until launch or a RELIABLE centralized exchange materializes. It is relatively easy to operate gateway it could be a central VENUE for buyers/sellers to trade and hodlers to hold. Each individual or company controls their account’s Private Keys and the MAIDSAFE team certainly has the assets to start up the gateway until MAID traders and owners can open accounts and make deposits. I think this would be good for anyone who is a supporter and believer in the MAIDSAFE network and at the very least everyone would have a marketplace to view the day-to-day price movement which we had with Poloniex.

I really hope DrIrvine or whomever is responsible takes a serious look at this option…The BitShares network is fast…block times are on average less than 3 seconds and withdrawals and deposits to OMNI wallet would be very easy via a MAIDSAFE gateway that everyone could trust with very inexpensive trading fees…(less than a penny or two)…Bittrex is a centralized exchange with low volumes and would have a monopoly position on MAID trading. As I’ve said before MAID was traded on the BitShares DEX before but the Gateway operator removed MAID because of lack of trading volume. (Ironically all the volume was on Poloniex). Note: The gateway operator can set their own transaction fee to cover their operations cost and profit margin. (The network fee on the other hand is currently about a penny (less than US$ 0.01 per trade.)

Show me one decentralised exchange with daily trade volume similar to HitBTC, for coins similar to MAID. We have an decentralised exchange “Open ledger dex” and that exchange has ZERO daily trade volume.

I to want pink flying unicorns dancing on rainbows but it dosen’t matter as the world is the way it is and no matter how much I want pink flying unicorns they do not exist.

Your posts are empty words, probably because you favor decentralised exchanges, I see empty words all over the world with hidden personal agendas and I’am very tired of them.
Be honest that you want to favor decentralised exchanges and be open with your agenda.

I’am sorry for being mad, but I have seen and experienced to much bullshit lately in my life.

1 Like

Replied over here since it was cross posted.