Poloniex Delisting MAID - December 30 - MUST Withdraw by January 30

Email below from Polo.

Discussion ongoing here: MaidSafeCoin (MAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 1)

Hi there,

If you’re receiving this message it is because you currently hold a balance in MAID on Poloniex.

DigiByte (DGB), Factom (FCT), MaidSafeCoin (MAID), Omni (OMNI), Primecoin (XPM), Vertcoin (VTC), Viacoin (VIA) will soon be delisted from Poloniex. Trading for these assets will be disabled on December 30, 2019 at 17:00 UTC. Please finalize all trades in these assets prior to December 30th. Once delisted, you will have 30 days to withdraw any remaining balance in these assets.

Here are some important dates to keep in mind:
December 30th at 17:00 UTC: Trading of DGB, FCT, MAID, OMNI, XPM, VTC, and VIA will be disabled.
January 30th at 17:00 UTC: Withdrawals of these assets will be permanently disabled.

Be sure to withdraw your assets before January 30th. To withdraw your assets…

5 Likes

Look into this new dex: www.faa.st

I think it would be a great option to get Maid listed there.

:+1:t2:

Just that.
We have time until dec 30th to withdraw.

I don’t have enough expletives to express my frustration

1 Like

Will do.

I wonder why there was nothing about this from the Maidsafe team.

If you read the Polo delist policy here https://support.poloniex.com/hc/en-us/articles/360040013693

It says that one of the reasons they can delist is lack of dev support, I wonder if they contacted the team. Surely you’d think they would have.

Hey everyone, let me start with a somewhat unpleasnt message: Poloniex is delisting Maid together with all the other omni protocol project.

As much as I hate Poloniex decision, it is what it is, and for me this may have been just what I needed to start storing my coins off the exchanges. Preferably I’d transfer my coins to a hardware wallet, but I don’t think there is one out there supporting MAID, right? I will probably buy some more during this panic sell and store them somewhere until they’re swappable to Safecoin, really no need to access them every week. Any suggestions?

1 Like

I could not agree more with you.

I’ve kind of been needing to move my stuff from Polo, this is forcing my hand.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the fact Polo is Chinese owned now and the whole privacy thing…

There is some power we can gain from what we collectively decide to do next.

What to do, where to go hmmmm.

1 Like

Does it have high volume and trusted reputation? We don’t need low/zero volume exchanges. We need the big volume exchanges with low entry cost.

As we are already in Bittrex eccosystem, Upbit is a natural, probably low cost choice, if not volume differs between international customers as with Bittrex international.

Not true, tether isn’t going anywhere.

That text is probably from when circle owned Poloniex and may not be applicable now. When I watched Poloniex twitter earlier it sadly looked like any eastern unserious business.

So we have:

HitBTC
Bittrex

Any others?

I repat check out www.faa.stx

It has great fees and you could trade straight from your Trezor if we could have Maid registered

Yeah but its not currently an option.
I dont think we have time for if’s and but’s.

Other option is Omni wallet right?

I recall a couple of How To threads here for Omni.

1 Like

Bittrex is a fairly low volume exchange and HitBTC is kinda shady.

At this point it may be well be worth it to pay to get listed on Binance or any other high volume exchange and if necessary make an ethereum token. Not ideal, but zero liquidity is not ideal either.

1 Like

I like Binance from a product perspective, take a little while to get used to if your from Polo, although its another Chi-comm firm and in my opinion can’t really be trusted.

I think David said there would be zero applications for new listings.

Whatever we do, we need to do it all together and harness the power of the community and collective where possible.

1 Like

I don’t think doing nothing at this point is an option for David and the team. The issue has been ignored long enough.

3 Likes

That was before, as of the last hour things are different and have changed. We don’t know what will happen in the upcoming future.

I don’t believe it!

Really!

9 days?

There goes my accumulation plan.

This is sad news.

Price has never been better.

I literally just Paid like 1500 for a new mattress yesterday :frowning: I could have piled it into this … ugghhhhhh lol

2 Likes

Dump has begun.

Im not sure I can get money on to poloniex fast enough before delisting.

Wow. Merry Christmas from Poloniex. I never honestly believed we would see below sub .09c for barely a moment from now on. This is honestly really harsh and really complicates things for everyone.

3 Likes