Polls 'R' Us

I recently realized I like making polls. This topic is obviously not intended to be very serious. I’ll start.

1 Like
Who/what is Sascha really?
  • Genius
  • Psychopath
  • Narcissist
  • Fool
  • Cthulhu
  • A chicken
  • Retired Foreign Legionnaire
  • Average guy
  • Other (Please comment below.)

0 voters

Lord Chicken.

1 Like

Lord Summerisle

1 Like

Good one! That is how I would like to see myself. Unfortunately, Britt Ekland is missing.

1 Like

I’m glad the foolish cop burned, but I always felt sorry for the ducks. Maybe a more animal friendly ritual would give the Safe Network a boost. What do you reckon?

1 Like

I know* where the seaplane used in the opening scenes is rotting away. Buy that, flog the engine cos its the only bit worth saving and we will put it up on scaffolding down at Troon beach and set fire to it as a new Beltane festival.

*caution this information is at least 15 years old

1 Like

My rooster Höner, named after one of the few Norse gods to survive Ragnarök, is getting old, and the hens are just a tiny bit inbred… If MAID goes to the moon, I will be able to afford a nice chicken house as well as more exotic chickens. I’m thinking about getting black ones and naming them after d(a)emons.

What should Sascha name his next rooster?
  • Satoshi (You know, that guy.)
  • Beelzebub (Lord of the Flies (Black))
  • Lucifer (Light-Bringer (White))
  • Karl (Marx, or “man” in Swedish)
  • Marcos (Subcomandante)
  • Anacron (man anacron)
  • Other (Suggestions are welcome.)

0 voters

@Sascha you might love this series:

1 Like

Today is a sad day. I had to end Höner’s life. :axe: :heart:
“Yu gonplei ste odon.”

1 Like

Sad news indeed…

Grilled, roast or soup?

1 Like

No, I just buried him under the rhubarb, which has become a chicken graveyard. Other carcasses are buried elsewhere. There is some psychology involved than makes me not want to eat my friends. But I also don’t butcher chickens unless they are sick in some way, and eating sick animals is not a good idea anyway.

1 Like

That makes complete sense - I hope you were not offended by my irreverence above.

So - I looked at the results of your earlier poll… Pretty conclusive, I’d say. But maybe instead of Karl you should call him Chico?

1 Like

Don’t worry. Death is just a part of life, although it can be sad for those still living. He was a really good rooster. I never had chickens without a rooster, but I read somewhere that in such cases one of the hens tends to start acting more roosterlike. One of my hens is a bit unusual. She is no lesbian, but she seems very interested when the rooster gets it on with another hen, like she wants a threesome. Maybe she is bisexual. Sometimes she actually crows like an adolecent rooster, and I’m not entirely sure she has ever laid an egg. She is strong and pretty big, kind of butch, but she is still the best flyer. Nature is what it is, so we’ll se what happens.

I’m leaning towards Anacron, but I have to see the next rooster before he gets his name. I’m thinking about this breed.

1 Like

Anacron… Does that mean he might not crow every morning?

anacron is a very useful command - it does not deserve to exist only in the shadow of cron and is a better choice for non-server machines that should still update, backup or whatever on a “best efforts” schedule.

1 Like

I want a d(a)emon name, and that’s the best daemon I’ve been able to come up with. (I’ve had goddesses before.) Other suggestions are appreciated, also for the hens. The head hen should probably be named Lilith, but it’s difficult to know what the pecking order will be in advance, so everyone knows their place and is happy.

1 Like