POLLS: How and where precisely did you learn about the Safe Network / MAID?

I thought that reddit was covered by the social media / forums choice. I definitely should have made a sub-poll asking to include the year though.

1 Like

The Guardian article got me interested

7 Likes

I voted diligent research, but it wasn’t exactly in the ‘crypto jungle’. Computing - The UK's leading source for the analysis of business technology I found this article when ecosia-ing things like ‘alternative/private/decentralised internet’ a while back. @dirvine is there describing MaidSafe on the 4th button. It’s funny searching and re-reading the article and seeing this:

“Going too fast too soon is an accusation that is rarely levelled at windswept philosopher, engineer and occasional lifeboat volunteer David Irvine, CEO of Scotland’s MaidSafe, who started working on his vision of a secure, serverless, autonomous network well before the arrival of blockchains.”

Gathering a wonderful team around you and working for 12+ years of one’s life on a secure, serverless, autonomous network to put the power back in the hands of the people is one thing; being described as a ‘windswept philosopher’, on the other hand… That’s the big time :smirk:

5 Likes

Good search engine you are using there! (off-topic but worth mentioning xD)

1 Like

Learned of SAFE via a post on diaspora* regarding the ‘punk’ article in The Guardian.

4 Likes