POLLS: How and where precisely did you learn about the Safe Network / MAID?

My intro was from John Harris’ article " the punk rock internet " in the Guardian , brilliant and informative article .
Really pleased I read it, and more pleased to be a part of this community.
:slight_smile:

8 Likes

Great to see The Guardian article leading to a few new faces here! :slight_smile: Welcome!

3 Likes

So far, I’ve counted 4 new folks citing that article as their turn on. I suppose it may be because the article tried to actually say something instead of selling it. Neat and lovely.

1 Like

Let’s talk bitcoin podcast around the crowdsale of 2014

2 Likes

I first heard about Maidsafe in the Trollbox on Poloniex. I googled it and found this video - MaidSafe Technology Overview - Short - YouTube I was hooked on the SAFE Network before the video even ended.

2 Likes

Oh yeah that was a legendary one

2 Likes

It was a good article, that`s what brought me here too…

5 Likes

I heard about it on /.

While checking it out, I saw security and deduplication together which piqued the security side of me. I’ve read forum post about that topic. I’m now interested in how non-repudiation is handled.

1 Like

I was using Ark-OS on my Raspberry Pis at the time they ended their support for it. In the Farewell Note, they listed MaidSafe as a possible decentralized solution for hosting your own content. I was hooked form day one!

4 Likes

Other Reddit. I think you may need to tweak your poll bud.

@whiteoutmashups do you have any writers / ghost writers in your team? I’ve developed a few fuzzy ideas on this topic. Could be another channel if I myself had the time Id try to write a short kindle mini book myself

2 Likes

Let’s Talk Bitcoin podcast in about 2014 i think

1 Like

Someone mentioned it on Tor’s blog. I remember when I first put the concept together in my mind. Seeing the entire picture nearly made my heart explode. Who ever dropped that comment changed my life forever. I tell you it’s the little things… The little things :blush:

3 Likes

guardian - i think. I saw it this morning, but got sidetracked and just now got back to exploring MAIDSafe. Can’t find the original article tho…

5 Likes

Bitcointalk, most likely the mastercoin thread.

2 Likes

Read the Guardian article via Slashdot.

4 Likes

i was annoyed that i can’t get the domain name rid.dim (and not the mail address mail@rid.dim …) and did research on alternatives to the domain name system and alternatives to “the internet in general” … after gnunet and freenet that were a lot of trouble to get on and test i wasn’t really satisfied (not to mention tor domains and i2p … not really what i was looking for) … and on my following search for stuff on the horizon i stumbled upon a mentioning of something called maidsafe in a comment below a tweet by kim dotcom about his plans on meganet i believe :open_mouth:

…and here i am - having found what i was searching the whole internet for and feeling lucky that it will become reality soon =)

1 Like

I heard about Safe Network from an article on Slashdot (can’t find it now to provide a link).

1 Like

No I’m usually the writer

But I can ask around and find someone, let me know what you need

Other: Read about it in an excerpt from an article from the guardian on slashdot, so news.

3 Likes