POLLS: How and where precisely did you learn about the Safe Network / MAID?

• On exchange – one day, it hit me!
  • On social networks or forums – you know, blah blah blah blah blah
  • Offline – drinking, partying or just socializing with my futuristic buddies
  • Through my own diligent study – exploring every nook and cranny of the Crypto jungle
  • By creating it – welcome, Master
  • I listened to my inner voice…
  • Other (bother to share please)

0 voters

Spare your minute and teach us, will you? It may give us a hint on which channels have been the most effective as far as attracting new MAIDheads, thanks!

4 Likes

Other - investigating privacy platforms.
See also So, what got you interested in MaidSafe and SAFE Network in the first place?
EDIT: There’s a ‘ye olde’ version of this topic here How did you hear about MaidSafe - SAFE Network? will be interesting to compare and contrast.

7 Likes

Article in the Guardian

17 Likes

Cool article, and welcome!

2 Likes

same as @rthgnl the Guardian article, although I already had a vague sense of remembering it from some earlier reference that I hadn’t acted on.

4 Likes

From Alex Fortin!!!

In bitcointalk -forum, or maybe Reddit, I don’t remember exactly. I read about the crowdsale and the whole idea made a lot of sense. Still it took over a year to actually buy any MAID and a couple of years to register here.

1 Like

I was listening to the Crypto Show podcast and Nick Lambert was one of their guests. This piqued my interest and I began researching the SAFE Network afterwards.

1 Like

I read this book whilst on holiday and maidsafe was one of the projects talked about. When I got home I done some research and since then been trying to accumulate.

4 Likes

In some top 5 for 2017 was MAID very common, but I read that in June 2017, so after big pump.

Anyone remember MasterXchange?

5 Likes

Memory fails us all :rofl:

1 Like

That’s what made me believe deeply, once I heard

1 Like

Hello!
I found this while searching for decrantralised web technologies. That lead me to the article in the Guardian.

3 Likes

Ahh, MasterXchange, that’s how I bought my first tokens. No too long after the crowdsale. :wink:

1 Like

I found it here, Production - Rust Programming Language, while first starting to learn Rust.

5 Likes

David’s interviews on Declare Your Independence, with Ernest Hancock.

5 Likes

Wow crazy how much that list has grown since then. Great job, Rust :+1:

1 Like

I can’t actually remember… I remember reading the old Google group and being sufficiently convinced to take part in the crowd sale. I am guessing it may have been the bitcointalk forums when I used to frequent there.

1 Like