[Poll]: full OMNI to ERC20 swap

Yet more awesome work by @Sotros25, thank you. We may differ on how we view CEXs but you sure know how to get stuff done.

@dirvine is there any steps towards this? I am asking because if Wrapped is a non-event or far off in the future, then I have another very simple actionable proposal that I can write up that could bring us ERC20 within weeks with all the upside very little downside for Maidsafe (time, legal, fees).

At risk of sounding like a broken record and since these concerns have not been addressed as not an issue, this is the driving motivation for pushing this:

1. Native Safe Tokens are unlikely to list on CEXs as pure privacy tokens are FATF banned worldwide.
  2. Native Safe Tokens cannot be listed on existing DEXs, DEXs today only work with the protocol they live on. OmniDex for Omni, Uniswap for ERC20, BEP20 for BSC etc etc.
  3. Due to point 2, Native Safe Tokens will have to list on a native DEX, which probably means execution layer on Safe will need to exist first. The time frame risk on this is very high.
  4. Mobile only users will be shut out of SN without ability to mine tokens and limited mobile CEX access to MaidSafeTokens. No access for everyone at launch.
  5. MaidSafeTokens are better kept in cold storage under Omni, there is no incentive to move them into liquidity provision. With poor CEX history of theft and loss of coins there is a huge disincentive. This further restricts access for everyone.

Edit: 6 - Cross chain DEXs need… blockchains. For Safe Network has very good chance of not being compatible. Maid is a different matter of course.

5 Likes