important clarification: the poll is for an ERC20 token equal to the OMNI MAID (as opposed to a wrapped ERC20 token). People who have an Omni token will continue to have it and are not required to switch to an ERC20 token!
after the last exciting test network we know that a Safe world is possible and it is only a matter of time to reach interstellar speed and beyond.
The question that arises is can we do something now to take more people with us from the start. This topic aims to discuss the pros and cons of moving from OMNI to ERC20 in the coming months and to show what part of the community supports it.
- Increase our community base by making our token accessible to the 100 million people strong ETH community
- List on additional exchanges: desired by many people from the community for long, the switch to ERC-20 will give us access to additional exchanges such as the 50 billion giant Uniswap
- Provide additional secure storage options for our token holders
- The community must be the leading force in this endeavor so that we do not distract the team from the start of the network
- We will need to donate money for this to happen
- Depending on the method of swap chosen, there may be a tax due for some people
Please do not turn the topic into a CEX Vs DEX discussion. An ERC20 token will help @Sotros25 listing efforts in more centralized exchanges, because in practice it is maintained by all exchanges in the world!
Please if you can specify more pros and cons leave a comment to add them to the list
In conclusion, I will only note that such a swap can be made cheaply in the following way. People sign a free request “I own this BTC address and I want to receive ERC20 MAID at this ETH address”. All ERC20 is generated on the main ETH blockchain and a sidechain is used to send it cheaply (there are currently about 17k addresses with OMNI MAID and it won’t cost more than $ 100-200 to send the new token to everyone).
Please, after voting, write why you support or do not support a swap.
Privacy. Security. Freedom