Poll: Do you want ERC20 MAID?

No he did not.

testing is exactly that, the software gaining confidence. If you think the technology will be ready in less than 2 years. Great, I look forward to it. Maidsafe raised funds to give them an extra 2 years of development. I don’t think they would do this because they don’t need it, they did this because the likelyhood is they will need it. This delisting is reducing their run way to test this software. If you see this differently thats okay.

1 Like

Do we even need the MaidSafe company to make this ERC20 token? a smart contract that allows two way conversion, would be technically possible?

The community could save MaidSafe.

1 Like

If MaidSafe recognizes (and use) the community version it doesn’t even have to be in both directions …

1 Like

Two way would help keep the value of the tokens the same.
Also people from the US can buy the new token and swap it for the old token, adding to their stash. They might prefer having it all in one place.

Would two way really increase the complexity of a smart contract? could anyone with experience in this topic please share.

1 Like

I think Omni Protocol is not suitable for this…

I was thinking all the code would be on the Ethereum side, found this http://btcrelay.org which might be interesting.

1 Like

That’s not the point you made. Everyone can look back at what you said. You made a specific and very negative statement about ‘real Safecoin’ and are unable to back it up. You said:

When that was challenged you reduced it to the following which is perfectly reasonable and not contentious:

Now you want us to ignore your original statement by shifting the discussion. This is classic and will stick.

1 Like

Even if you are right, what is the point of continuing this discussion?

You made some very optimistic statements, which you are unable to back up. Honestly, I don’t care who is right here.

I would rather solve this liquidity problem.

1 Like

I’m putting down a marker not having a discussion. He’s trying to make it into a discussion to move away from the point, because he can’t contest it.

There he goes again with the straw man. Let’s hold him to account.

@zeroflaw you just made an allegation, please substantiate it, quote those statements or I’ll make a formal complaint.

EDIT: responding to the reply below, I’d like @moderators to review @zeroflaw’s statements about the project above, including his straw man arguments against me and the above allegation:

I’d like that withdrawn with an apology, and I think we should consider what to do when people make claims about the project that can damage it and then pretend they did nothing wrong and have no malice towards it.

FYI, here’s the reply I referred to:

@zeroflaw:
I don’t want to contest it.

Make a formal complaint please do, I don’t care.

2 Likes

I don’t want to contest it.

Make a formal complaint please do, I don’t care.

1 Like

Actually for the swap, it can be a more complicated operation than what many think, better to keep using the omni coin. The team might loose the focus and will waste time on this.

4 Likes

The only ones who have to swap MAID/ partially swap are MaidSafe. It is not obligatory for others unless they want to trade …

1 Like

You would still need to mint a 1:1 supply of ERC-20 tokens. Feels only fair to give others the choice. Just from some initial reading a smart contract to do two way conversions looks difficult.

1 Like

Hey guys, let’s not “attack” people from our own community. I think it’s completely reasonable to panic a bit, these are tough times.

We should not forget that we’re building something great. We have an amazing team and in my opinion the best community in the crypto space (this is not even close).

As for the ERC20 suggestion, I think the team has already mentioned looking into it but in the end they are the ones that can make the appropriate decision. I’ve just ordered my Trezor and will be buying up some of the sells on Poloniex to safely store them after and I will leave them there until they are swap-able (to Safecoin or ERC20 for that matter).

5 Likes

That time line seems crazy…

Opportunists always want to move quickly and will make the reason for acting appear urgent. :roll_eyes:

There is no need to rush for a decision on this.

The risk is that ERC20 is crowded with traders who care only for fleecing a profit. It seems an obscure option for a market, even more distant from general population than BTC. I’ve not been persuaded by Ethereum to date. Also, surely if Ethereum was mature, it would have spawned Tether like solutions that create MAID-T tokens as 1:1 against the likes of MAID. Omni (in Telegram) seem unaffected by Poloniex but they seem not to care for their coins value at all!

Delivery of the project is key and this is a distraction.

2cents…

5 Likes

This maid community has seen a cesspool of scam projects from very trust worthy and dellusional like characters. Some forum project coin, some bs p2p exchange project coin, some music investment project, some whiteoutmashups coin. Some kid writing a whitepaper to dethrone maid and creating his own network!

People all trying to figure out a path to move ahead in life. Yet sometimes we all need to have an objective view on things and realize we don’t know shit and we don’t know what the fuk the reality is compared to our own imaginations.

This is what Maker is. (DAI)

1 Like

I disagree here, testing is testing.
People gaining confidence that the software is safe and secure is an entirely different thing.

Since btc was out in the wild, floors have been found and fixed, it does not mean it was in a testing phase the whole while.

2 Likes