[Poll] Avatar Flair Image for the forum

If people do not know how to be secure they should learn.
You should not download wallets without checking the hash of the file, thats why the hash is placed on a download page.
If ever theymos on bitcointalk mentions need to update bitcoin client they will always sign the message with pgp.
Once I did not know, its not hard to learn, and once you know, you know.

Your example is not a good one since other forum controls would not allow that to occur.

1 Like

Welcome noob…

This is the first time Dimitur has posted — let’s welcome them to our community!

1 Like

If you mean it can’t happens right away yes. But I scam people for living. I will wait, I will even write in the forum. Until I becomes level 2…

Then I will stop writing so that I am not in new topics and you do not see that I change my photo with yours. Then I will write to new users with your photo and on your behalf. :dragon:

1 Like

Friend, can we show a little empathy for people who do not have our capacity to learn new things? Teenagers can also register in the forum. Learning is a good thing, but it’s better not to study with an empty wallet. :wink:

3 Likes

By induction then disgruntled level 3, could do the same. Perhaps also could fake any badge.
I’d prefer people use good sense. Also, I like not being branded!.. medals are not valuable etc

No problem, friend. The badge can be removed on a personal level.

I’m am indifferent to the proposal.

If implemented it needs to made clear it is not a sign to just trust ppl though.

There are very short videos about that show how to use pgp.
Everyone is capable of learning.
If they have some problem with learning they should probably not be throwing money around on Internet forums.

With that logic ‘you’ will also wait until level three and get a flair image so everyone trusts and are easy to scam.

KISS

Of course I will wait. I’m a dirty scammer, rubbish that robs people!

But while I’m waiting, I don’t rob people. So If you can make every scammer in the world wait 1 week longer, you will do immeasurably good to many people. We can’t save everyone. But we can help a little and even if we help only 1 person I’m for it. :dragon:

There will also be programmers who are not level 3 but are famous. We also want to put a Flair Image on them to distinguish them…

Take each post on its own merits.

Don’t shoot the messenger… value the message.

Like the posts you like… to acknowledge them… or wind up others… or like posts twice, to tease the OP and then deny them! :japanese_ogre:

1 Like

I refuse to use the like button as a carrot and whip. For the future, I will use only words to reduce the misunderstanding of nonverbal communication.

Interestingly, the new people in the forum voted overwhelmingly with Yes to the proposal, and the old dogs with No. Apparently the saying is true… you can’t teach an old dog new tricks :stuck_out_tongue:

This is a very worthwhile statement given the way a few topics have headed of late. Often best done by not posting and rebutting folks to the point of nauseum and frustration. I can genuinely smell it in the air of late :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

In my opinion, the libertarian solution is to use the Mute button on a topic if it makes you feel nauseum and frustration. You are not obliged to read other people’s posts, but people have the right to freedom of speech… I’m just saying no bad feelings, friend :love:

1 Like

None taken at all, your a legend in your spare time.

Just sad to see some very bright folks who contribute in their own way feeling apprehensive about the ‘Bull in a China shop approach’.

As for your reply, it misses what this little stir and others are really about. No one is saying or suggesting you or anyone can’t say or do whatever the heck they want. Freedom of Speech is why most of us are here. Go for it!

Humans when they interact generally take subtle (and not so subtle) cues how their message is being received. An element of that is missing of late, do what you will with that to be honest. No more from me.

Peace Out Champ :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can only say that everything I do is for SAFE first and last. There will always be offended people, you can’t please everyone.

For example, with the translations of the site, I suggested in 2017 to the team to add them to the official site. They told me if I wanted translations I could do them myself.

Another example. I suggested adding separate language sections to this forum in 2019. I was told it can not happen.

I say, “Hey friends, we are close to launching the network, how will we proceed if other networks appear”. They tell me - “You say what is possible, so you want it.”

This is your elephant, my friend :lol:

1 Like