Pi network. Mine on Mobile

Haha. That was part of our most recent conversation as well. I asked if he ever used any of the apps or example apps that I saw when perusing and he said no.

We’ve also noticed one of our old female friends has these weird copy/paste multi level marketing sounding posts about “Ethereum platform” and now “Tron platform” (because the “shares are cheaper”:rofl:) which made me wonder WTF is going on out there but more than anything noticing most crypto outsiders just buy the network tokens to speculate and don’t even know how to use or what apps even exist on them.

I hope we can cross that divide by getting people to use the apps over the token.

2 Likes

Well this will be a process. People have established habits, they will not change them simply because there is something better in the world. I have given the example of the struggle for women’s voting rights in US before - it lasted 90 years and this is because some women were ok with the old system and even fought against women having the right to vote. In my opinion, it is very likely that the struggle to impose Safe in the world will continue for decades, but price speculation will help.

1 Like

You have to hunt for the Apps in the hambuger and calling them Pi Utilities doesnt help

If more of the 13m users knew about the apps then we could get a better idea of usage.
I suspect there is no actual “mining” going on at all yet, coins are simply being distributed.
Only Super Nodes are part of the consensus process and that wont run 24/7 on a phone, still no linux client

2 Likes

Personally, I feel that his how we “break out” and for me Safe needs to “break out” and not just aim for better mediocrity which, I feel is the (invalid) promise of getting rich quick and never mind why.

Safecoin is a utility token, but there really needs to be a heavily used, i.e. useful, app/set of apps or similar.

3 Likes

The Pi Wallet is in testing:

2 Likes
1 Like

I’m not sure what type of scam they would be running with this. The whole “interact with the app” is just pressing one button. It’s not like they are pumping a bunch of ads into their app.

The wallet is supposed to be coming out by the end of the month, and they’ve tested some nodes. We’ll see what happens.

3 Likes

It is more that they utilize tactics used by MLM’s and affiliate links etc which are sometimes used in scams or come off as scammy to the general population. They are effective to a decent portion of the population as well so it makes sense they are applying these methods but that doesn’t inherently make it a scam. The article treads that line by saying maybe, yes.

2 Likes

I guess I meant, if this is a scam, to what end? Surely they’ve “mined” a bunch of their own coins, so getting a larger community can only help with the coin price they can cash in on down the road, but that’s hardly unique to Pi Network. I guess they could be selling the user data to other people, but I’m not sure what value that would hold, as it’s just a list of names and numbers. So far as I’ve seen, they haven’t pushed any direct advertising to their users.

For some cryptos, their sole value lies in the size of their user base and the ability to create a economy around that. That’s not necessarily a scam.

2 Likes

Over 15m users now.

2 Likes

Yes, I wonder how much it will cost to place an ad for Safe there…

Privacy. Security. Freedom

2 Likes

Pi has recently attracted the interest of crypto influencers:

Privacy. Security. Freedom

1 Like