Okay perhaps this can be worked into an existing social network project or be created into it’s own socnet But I was just thinking about the dimorphism of personal relationships where people actually get to know one another face to face and develop meaningful relationships and that of social networks where we share tons of information but rarely get to know eachother deeply.
Yet on a social network we know so many people but rarely get to interact with them on a deep level for a couple key reasons.
- Lack of trust. We’re afraid to post personal information for fear it’ll get spewed all over the internet. In short we have trouble being really vunerable on social networks. (Well some people do.)
- No funds or ability to travel from A to B and connect face to face.
- Lack of federated and aggrigated communication technology.
- Lack of encrypted and decentralized ability to share data with whom you want at the trust level you are comfortable with.
- Not enough secure search options and integration between different networks We’re spread out everywhere.
What I’m saying is what if you could develop a personal relationship and then crowdfund meetups, or road trips or whatever else via your larger network in order to actually hook up. Other people’s motive for donating would be that a) empathy because they’ve been there too and they know you and care about you. b) Reciprocity. That you might donate to their crowdfund at some point too. And c) In the case of road trips or travel that they might be able to catch a lift or tag along.
People naturally find it easier to donate to causes involving people they know. So why not combine the two concepts of a social network and crowd funding? Then on top of this add the encryption and trust levels of SAFE so that people can share what they want with whom they want and feel safe to be vunerable and open up.