Pay-the-developer (or: how I learned to stop worrying and love the network)

@Shane

Why have I been mentioned in this topic, and in that manner? It seems somewhat poor taste. If you perceive a flaw in my offer to the community, why not raise it in its topic and challenge me directly for the benefit of all?

A couple of days ago I finished developing my first SAFE app. It’s for a forum member that will soon be reviewing me on the forum. The app, while not my place to divulge details of, is exciting and will add non-trivial value for users of SAFE. That app didn’t exist, and now it does. Additionally, I can afford a roof over my head and some food for a bit longer and my client will hopefully earn in time a robust return for their risk and investment into SAFE.

In the course of producing this software for my client I created two example projects[0][1] that have and will benefit both developers of SAFE as well developers for SAFE. The examples were derived from a long conversation that I hope is equally helpful to others. As it generated this discussion I’m encouraged that it will. Finally, work I’ve done has been acknowledged in several MaidSafe Network Dev Updates[2][3][4]. I never forget to thank others. I never seek (or want) recognition for the little I contribute in contrast to others[5].

Nevertheless, I wish you well with your project. What matters most here is the tech and its benefit to the world; truly no hard feelings.

[0] Hello SAFE demonstrates a simple SAFE app, written in Rust using the Yew framework, deployed as WebAssembly and running in SAFE Browser - Apps - Safe Dev Forum
[1] Fetch SAFE demonstrates a simple SAFE app, written in Rust using the Yew framework, deployed as WebAssembly and running in SAFE Browser - Apps - Safe Dev Forum
[2] SAFE Network Dev Update - January 30, 2020
[3] SAFE Network Dev Update - February 6, 2020
[4] SAFE Network Dev Update - February 20, 2020
[5] @dirvine, @joshuef, @bochaco, @happybeing, @Nigel, indeed yourself at times, and others

4 Likes