Pay Premium for Getting Paid (a PtP mod)

For anything that previously existed and isn’t being debuted on the safenetwork first, then yes. Beyond that there seem to be many challenges.

I am very late to this thread, but I will try to address the first few posts and the OP, because I think he was not really understood (I am not a native English speaker either, but I will try to paraphrase it in a way people will understand it better):
What the OP wants to achieve: to introduce some kind of indirect compensation for the farmers, who have to give up on part of their farming rewards when hosting PtP content. Actually I am still not sure if the PtP money is supposed to be subtracted from the farming reward, or come “from the network”, but anyway, the OP suggests to partly compensate the network, as a kind of “investment” the PtP uploader has to make. Keep in mind that the farmer has costs not only for serving data, but also for storing them (in case they turn out not popular), “clogging” their vault.

And the OP suggest that for a small investment, the relative gain w.r.t. the investment would be higher than for a big investment, while the absolute gain would be higher for a big investment (while the relative gain would be lower). Let’s assume an artist just starts to promote his content on the SAFE network, and he is not very popular yet. So he only has to make a small investment to upload PtP content, and he will only have a small absolute yield (corresponding to a small viewer base), but the yield will be higher compared to the investment than for a more popular artist. The more popular artist, knowing that he has a larger viewer base, has to invest more for his upload (but also has more capital, since he is more popular already), but with this larger investment, he can make more yield in absolute numbers should enough people watch his content… at least that’s how I understood it… !!!

1 Like

I think you’re getting it right.

As for the application of the idea, I disagree. It would be awfully silly for an artist to not invest in a “premium” upload; success is always unexpected, and it’s stupid to miss out on it. Forsaking a low-cost option for a potentially unlimited upside is just really really silly.

However, there are things when you just want to shove some data online to share it with a couple of friends. You already know it’s of no use for anybody else, so you know it will never get popular. Then, you could pay the bare minimum, and never get a penny for any of the downloads. All 5 of them.

1 Like