Parsec in practical use for POS systems?

I had a recent discussion with the main developer of HeatLedger about Parsec but he could not see the issue it could fix on the Heat POS system.

I did a tweet to David here…

Pierre Chevalier explained Parsec well. How it can be applied to POS systems to avoid Delegated Nodes?

eg ‘overseen by the blockchain protocol but it needs a bit of human intervention to rubber stamp the rewards paid out by the blockchain’s reward system’

HEAT Blockchain: Unlimited Size to Enable the Adoption of True Decentralization | by HEAT Wallet & DEX | Medium

I was wondering if Pierre Chevalier could look at this as a use case and describe the benefits?

My motivation is that Heat seems to have fixed the storage issue but then there is still the security issue .

IOTA has advanced SHIMMER.

Radix has TEMPO.

So is there a comparison with PARSEC in application.

Does Pierre Chevalier have a twitter handle?

Looking forward to anyones argument for application of PARSEC on the Heat POS chain. SO i can put forth the facts to the Dev

1 Like

Is there any way to ping people here and so to bring a post to Pierre Chevalie attention?

Hello,

Yes, you can ping here by prepending a @-character to the username, so for example @pierrechevalier83.

I think you are asking for a design to help another design (POS). POS is not consensus as per math, it is people holding more power than others. PARSEC is a math consensus algorithm. So a different thing really. It would take time to analyse this really and I am a bit of a beast right now pushing to launch, so we would be limited in time to design things.

POS is more anti sybil, like node age for us, PARSEC/Avalanche/HBBFT etc. are consensus algorithms but some like Algorand and avalanche mix this with POS so looking there would show how they do that and then replace avalance/algorand with PARSEC and you would have a much clearer understanding.

1 Like