Our SAFE Apps site is 200% DONE!

There’s likely no way to stop many IoT devices from connecting to your neighbour’s open Wi-Fi, or any passing IoT wannabe hacker!

Prediction: the IoT is going to be a nightmare for privacy and security :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

…FTFY

3 Likes

Then we must demand a kill switch :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

Using messaging of SAFE, it should provide a “provable” messaging/data transfer for the IoT device and as long as the IoT device uses even the basic good programming practice then it should not ever process data from invalid sources let alone be hacked from them.

1 Like

It would be nice if the site could link up with crowd source websites so we can get some of these built in the future open source…

1 Like

I mean, hackers gunna hack, but I think the security paradigm that the Network offers compared to the Internet is something akin to Linux vs Window$. One was built with privacy, security, and freedom in mind.

I would expect that it will be typically a lot better. We will just have to wait and see how SAFE can be accessed from an IoT device. Therein lies the potential hack points.

1 Like

OOH! I get to be that guy again!!!

Well, let’s get the Network up and running first!

1 Like

Not really - unfortunately :frowning: - whatever method an IoT device uses to phone home, unless the user controls it the user is vulnerable, and there is the underlying problem of the IoT: it’s a way of getting used to install hardware they don’t understand i9t control, and pay for the privilege, and the running costs.

Unfortunately, a manufacturer deciding to connect via SAFEnetwork doesn’t stop them abusing their users, and it doesn’t force them to cede control.

Maidsafe just came out with the roadmap. Is this the “interactive Maidsafe project timeline” you were talking about?

No I have a side project I’m still working on in my free time

It’s a long timeline that documents milestones in MaidSafe’s history

Been busy with other things but I’ll still finish it / just release it so other people can fill in more of the blanks

2 Likes

Nah just go low tech. Can hack a wok, a knife and a cutting board. Can’t hack a book. Get yourself appliances that don’t have an internet connection. Seriously people you don’t need internet in every single dinglehoofer in the house.

1 Like

Dang. I just finished outrigging all my dinglehoofers with 4G… What a waste.

just wanted to come back & make good on the promise of an Interactive MaidSafe Timeline Website :slight_smile:

Please help me fill in everything!! Would be great to have this as a beautiful resource, noting every major milestone for SAFE along the way, to help us appreciate everything that’s happened over the years :slight_smile:

I feel this is a good contribution, and a nice format for indexing & viewing all of the info yet to be filled in

9 Likes

Awesome! Something to spur the imagination!

3 Likes

Great idea!

Happy to help with the writing part. I always enjoy playing with text. Others probably better placed to add most of the content itself.

I’ll kick off by suggesting tweaks to the opening paragraph. I think it could be a bit shorter and punchier :slight_smile: .

“This is for anyone who wanted to see the entire past, present and future of MaidSafe: the company making the world’s first truly uncensorable and uncontrollable p2p encrypted internet! Combined with a global, annonymous cryptocurrency, this network will help set all the people of the world free by delivering Secure Assess For Everyone! Imagine the implications!”

to

What follows is a timeline showing the history and evolution of Maidsafe (the company) and the SAFEnetwork - the first truly decentralised, private, secure and uncensorable data network.

Secure Access For Everyone (SAFE). Absolute, digital freedom… imagine the implications!

Or do you think it really needs safecoin mentioned too?

2 Likes

Most excellent and bodacious Will.

2 Likes

Nice one, perhaps this will help with some blanks as well.

3 Likes

On this page - Apps of SAFE, the “Get Involved” hyperlink points to the old forum address.

That side bar appears to be on all pages… though reads as if it’s app specific.
The link to The Team is broken too… perhaps replace with About Us | MaidSafe

1 Like