Our SAFE Apps site is 100% DONE!

Never had a doubt. :wink:

1 Like

Thank you for putting the time into getting the ball rolling. A feature I would like to have pretty quick, when there are multiple apps for the same topic, would be nice to filter.

As for open source development of the APP site, why not use github? Here is the start github page with the project/app @Blindsite2k and I developing: healthsafe.io

3 Likes

& @whiteoutmashups - awesome job with the designs. I do agree though, the single HTML page is a tight work in progress.

Because this is a static page, while accounting for mobile visitors, I suggest an open source responsive (objective CSS) layout called Foundation by Zurb. Itā€™s super easy to work with.

If you havenā€™t heard of responsive web design, here is a good explanation.

4 Likes

Thanks man, this one is responsive already, if you go to the same page on a mobile device, all the logos shrink proportionally, and each appā€™s webpage automatically collapses into a mobile version of the site.

But I can look into those fancier rwd templates too

Showed this to a couple of mates - they generally liked it
one adverse(?) reaction though ā€¦

dUber sounds like you are going to get picked up by a very stoned taxi driver or its the kind of delivery service some folk have dreamed about for yearsā€¦

3 Likes

lol good one :stuck_out_tongue: never thought of it that way

lol who got mad at the site? and why?

my pal - who is a taxi driver :slight_smile:

2 Likes

oh lol well that makes sense.

But hey, as long as he stays cutting edge, and uses the new app once it comes out, he will still come out ahead, financially.

The whole point of this decentralization is to put more money in the peopleā€™s pockets :smiley:

4 Likes

I would like to see an app added under the direct democracy theme for a distributed automated cooperative as @MrAnderson introduced to me. That concept to me seems like it can get rid of the state, corporations and shareholders and replace them with something better which isnā€™t prone to corruption by inherited wealth or the cult of personality. Imagine being rid of bosses, execs, managers, supervisors, board members and stock holders.

1 Like

Um @whiteoutmashups you still havenā€™t added my name to the projects Iā€™m involved in. <_< Do I need to sick my team of a thousand annoying kittens on you? lol

Lol please do and my bad Iā€™m just with my grandparents this week but thatā€™s no excuse Iā€™ll go off for a bit and get it done.

And Iā€™m glad to see so many ideas you posted in your reply! @dallyshalla suggested I make an online form for people to fill out with their ideas and logo, and I can just copy and paste it into the site as a new app, since all the templates are there and done.

If I did that, would you use it to write up your own pages for those apps? So all Iā€™d have to do is copy+paste it into its own new page?

Yepp so actually no copying and pasting necessary. There will be a form that a person can use to submit their app for publication

3 Likes

That would make things easier as as you can see I have plenty of app ideas and am always getting more. Would you need me to format the app ideas already created for the form or are you good with that? (Given youā€™ve already kind of done that with say combining SAFEDate and SAFESex and what youā€™ve done with the MMORPG idea. (see the MMORPG thread whch you might also want to reference in the app page).

1 Like

So, are you planning to make this a legit app store? Because I doubt the lay folk or anyone really are going to use this when the safeapp count gets into the hundreds, especially when you have to load another page to read about an app, though Iā€™m assuming that app user ratings are gonna come eventually.

Also, Safe sex? As in, a hookup site that advertizes itself as an anonymous meetup service where people meet up in person? Ouch, my head.

/negative nancy

1 Like

+1.

Good job @whiteoutmashups :thumbsup:, but you can use responsive front-end frameworks to improve website appearance. Apart from Foundation, thereā€™s Bootstrap (Open-source HTML, CSS, and JS framrwork) and many others.
Docs, download and examples.

Just search for ā€œresponsive front end frameworkā€ in your favorite search engine :wink:
Keep up the good work!

Nope :slight_smile:

Blah blah blah 20 characters

Not sure, cool idea, weā€™re just gone keep working on it and see what happens next :slight_smile:

Everything is anonymous on SAFE, and beyond that you can tell people as much or as little as you want. Getting rid of extortionist / dangerous middlemen (the pimps) and replacing them with SAFE, is the best part though, for society.

1 Like

hmmmmm maybe i should sign up at safesex :open_mouth:

2 Likes

we gotta make it first!

damn ā€¦ wasnā€™t there a huge ashley madison hack ā€¦? maybe their website/database code was leaked too ā€¦ we just could copy&paste their site, make some edits and are ready to rumble :open_mouth:

2 Likes