Other Coins - Price & Trading topic

I bought into both, but then dumped Ethereum almost as soon as I could because what they released seemed so ridiculously far away from being an usable product capable of doing what they said it would be able to do. Having tried to use Ethereum a few weeks ago I’m still of the same opinion - its horribly complicated, unpleasant to use, and is only affordable for the very rich.

I suspect Maidsafe will release a usable, user friendly product that comes at least close to realizing the original pitch a long time before Ethereum does.

Having said that. I would have preferred to be a rich idiot than a pauper congratulating myself on how clever I was.

5 Likes

Depends on the time scale, but even then it is open for debate.

I expect bitcoin to continue rising for several more months after which I may reconsider but I have traditional investments that I may get rid of in a pinch instead.

I am less and less inclined to turn to usd even as the market cycles but we will see.

2 Likes

Definitely feels like the end of the late 90’s tech boom. My guess is $100K turns out to be a real psychological barrier that can’t be crossed this go-around. But it’s crypto so who knows?

1 Like

If this is like 2013 or a “super cycle” as some are saying (and I agree with 100k being a heavy psychological resistance) then perhaps we hit 100k and get a 30-50-70% retracement that scares retail out of speculating and the institutional investors that had a hard time getting in because of low supply get their chance. In my eyes I see this as an opportunity for companies to hedge their bets against the heavy dollar printing and if they all join in together they all get rich and start accepting it as payment and make the wealth gap larger. If humans can be greedy, expect it. Gotta burn retail a little bit first though.

4 Likes

I’ve seen too many people recently jumping out of other investments in to BTC.
I feel that we may see this.

1 Like

Just curious if anyone here has thoughts on the Pi Network project? Seems interesting with mining done on phones. They are aiming to be a real currency.

Not logical or rational correct but if it floats the boat then good luck.

1 Like

How do you see Cardano?
Very close to its ATH, and with many fundamentals to be one of the most decentralized projects …
I will follow closely …

1 Like

:joy:

2 Likes

Really liking Cardano. Anyone else?

2 Likes

Unlike trying to do TA on low volume alts like we do with Maid and many other projects, the long term chart and fundamentals in bitcoin are perfectly intact. Anything can happen of course but it seems unlikely that there is any chance of this cycle ending at anything short of 150-170k. That 100k level may last for a while and 30-40% intra cycle draw down might happen but there is really not precedent for a 70% drop until the cycle is over.

3 Likes

There’s a new narrative in town too. These institutions might not sell at all and instead of having a taxable event or dumping the market, instead just borrow against the BTC. If they all follow Michael Saylors lead and it stabilizes in price (I mean no extreme correction) then it makes sense for institutions to hold for years and years if not forever. Then we might also see them all accept it as payment. I think the end game for bitcoin is to swallow up all fiat denominated value until a satoshi is worth a dollar and try to stabilize the price, leverage layer 2, and then :boom: that quick, private industry rules the world. Illuminati confirmed

5 Likes

See here: Pi network. Mine on Mobile

2 Likes

I’ve been a fan of Cardano for as long as I have been a fan of Maid. I hold about the same amount of coins in each. I think Cardano will be the first to flip bitcoin.

2 Likes

I’ve been talking about this a lot with people but taking the stance that bitcoin gobbles up what I will call “loose fiat” essentially fiat not needed to live your daily life and pay bills and potentially also destroy the bond market in time. I think the most likely scenario though it that bitcoin becomes the worlds reserve asset, not reserve currency Bc if you have fiat and other on rails for other cryptos to spend as money then bitcoin can just become a store of value.

Do you (or anyone else here) have experience using a product like blockfolio to borrow against or collect interest? I can’t get a clear answer on the safety aspect of putting you coins out there to use these services.

1 Like

Ive had this on the phone for a while now - #SeemsHarmless

no battery issues - look at it once every day and resume mining, thats it.

Have a Pi from me and join my network

use southside38 as the invite code

It says mining for new members might halve or fall to zero at any time, but its said that for months

Pi are worth zero BTW just a bit of fun.

I used Cred before they going bankrupt. It is a very, very bad idea to give your crypto to an intermediary. The probability of regretting is huge.

Yes, see my analysis here:

1 Like

I said blockfolio, I meant “Blockfi”. As a US person, it’s based of NY which has millions of rules and regs other places don’t. I worry about the custody issue but I haven’t looked deep enough into it. Just don’t want to be giving large amounts of money to an unsecured or insured custodian.

Cred was/is US based company:

Cred (US) LLC is a licensed lender and allows some borrowers to earn a yield on cryptocurrency pledged as collateral. Cred (US) LLC also rents cryptocurrency from users and pays rental fees calculated as an interest rate yield.