Other Coins - Price & Trading topic

What is your other coins on which you bullish?

2 Likes

ETC going to have some good times,
due to Coinbase announcement to
list it on all its various retail services.

You trying to pump some garbage coin? Seems like it.

3 Likes

Well, @000 is just talking about Ethereum Classic and some news. I expect a few cynics to point out it applies though.

1 Like

Bear market is brutal. Can’t see it ending until next year really.

Btw, trying my best on Reddit again(long Maidsafe comment in there):

7 Likes

This is a pretty good summary of what’s out there and reinforces how unique Safenet will be. Can’t wait for launch day and the reactions that follow

4 Likes

If anyone know’s much about Skycoin, do they mind replying to the guy in here please:

“This is all sounds great, but Skycoin does all that as well. Encrypted traffic, decentralized internet, nearly infinitely scalable currency and then it replaces all ISPs which Safe does not do. What’s the advantage of Safe vs. Sky?”

1 Like

Lot of lies from that guy.

But strange is, that in a past before he analysis Skycoin he was quite positive about SAFE network.

1 Like

Had a skim of whitepaper, contains words like “servers” and " helps" prevent DDoS.
And with the added insight from @Mendrit … aaaaaaaaaaaaand, i’m done

Edit: Totally misread @Mendrit comment, i’m skeptical of the claims of Skycoin.

Are the platforms above all ranked in terms of your preferred investment value?

Somewhat. I don’t hold any elastos, though I might wait for a 10x on iota and skycoin to then put into elastos if it hasn’t 10xed yet. :smiley:

But are they lies or just he doesn’t understand SAFE?

I tend to sway towards the latter.

Maybe he do not understand Skycoin nor SAFE network.

“I have MAID in a couple of addresses and wondering if someone can tell me a BTC wallet that can send BTC to each of them in one transaction to save on fees.

1 Like

Sounds like there is a shit storm brewing over at Skycoin:

Talk of kidnappings by their Chinese staff. Crazy!

2 Likes

Official statement from Skycoin:

'"Skycoin Team Status Update

As many skycoin holders are no doubt aware, there was a major selloff over the past two weeks, in the course of which market price levels for skycoin fell significantly. While multiple factors likely contributed to these events, recent events connected to the China marketing team have also had an impact. This impact was in part direct, but in part due to uncertainty caused by these events. In response, steps have been taken to rectify the situation and eliminate any further negative impact on the market. At the same time, this update will hopefully help to dispel the rumors and clarify the actual limited impact on the project.

The trigger for the events was the discovery that the previous Skycoin China marketing team (EVOLAB) had embezzled approximately 100,000 skycoins over the course of the past half year. In light of this discovery and their failure to return or account for the embezzled coins, the relationship with this team was terminated.

Following this, at 9:30 PM on June 13th 2018, nine individuals, including/led by marketing team members Sam Sing Fong, Mary Li (李臻/李敏), Xiangdong Yan (闫向东) and Jesse Sun Fei (孙飞) burglarized Synth’s home. They proceeded to hold Synth and his wife against their will for 6 hours, over the course of which they threatened, beat and robbed them. Thanks to wallet security measures, the group was only able to extract 18.88 Bitcoin and 6466 skycoins during the robbery. The gang also attempted and failed to steal the design framework for the skycoin ecosystem.

The stolen skycoin transaction can be seen here:

The total number of skycoins stolen by these individuals is still being determined, and the addresses containing stolen coins are also being documented. In order to protect the interests of skycoin holders, as a response to these events a temporary black-listing function was implemented. The future use of this function will be subject to discussion and voting by the entire skycoin community over the next few months.

The primary skycoin exchanges were notified asking them to temporarily freeze the accounts of the criminal suspects. Frozen assets will be dealt with after the investigation has been concluded. The skycoin legal team will supply an update on the aftermath of the armed robbery at a later time.

Since some of the community social media accounts or Telegram groups were created by the EVOLAB team, Skycoin community members wishing to stay connected should subscribe to the groups mentioned on the Skycoin website (www.skycoin.net).

According to feedback from exchanges, the accounts holding stolen skycoins have been frozen, so any further impact on the market should be limited. Though some panic selling seems to be continuing, as of this writing the market price has recovered by approximately 30%.

The following channels are considered official: Skycoin Global Community Telegram: Telegram: Contact @Skycoin Skycoin China Community Telegram: Telegram: Contact @skycoinchina Skycoin China Community WeChat account: skycoin-china Skycoin China Community WeChat public account: skycoin666

Skycoin Website: http://www.skycoin.net

The entire Skycoin team is working with relevant parties to deal with these events and put them behind us. The above incidents have both directly and indirectly impacted the market, and for that we sincerely apologize to our community. We are working hard to ensure that this does not slow our progress as we continue to develop the project"

Never a dull moment in the crypto world.

3 Likes

You are faster then their subreddit.

Lol, I got it from their subreddit

1 Like

https://research.bloomberg.com/pub/res/d37g1yWebn9LbRbS09rquSuSoDQ

Key Takeaways
• We estimate the amount of cryptoasset market
value needed to support economic activities to
expand from ~$500B next year to $3.6T in 2028
• 90%+ of cryptoasset value will be derived from
penetration of offshore deposits in the next decade
• Currency and Privacy networks will be the largest
beneficiaries, as most fundamental value will stem
from store of value use cases
• Upside (5-yr) In BTC ($96k), XMR ($18k), and DCR
($535), cryptoassets which apply unique value
propositions within deep and viral markets
• Downside in BCH ($268), and cryptoassets which
attempt to inherit brand recognition and provide
minimal technological advantage to incumbents
• Little value in XRP ($0.01), and cryptoassets which
are misleadingly marketed, not needed within their
own network, and have centralized
ownership/validation
• Most “Other Utility” application-specific networks
hold very little value, in their current construct

5 Likes

Is this what category they are throwing MaidSafe in with then :stuck_out_tongue: ? I think they will be in for a rude awakening when network launches and apps start taking off and MaidSafe makes all the hard working devs and early supporters MaidWealthy :smile: . I can see all the decentralized gifs and memes now :star_struck: !

2 Likes