Other Coins - Price & Trading topic

I would have thought it would be easier to pump a low liquidity coin, if the desire is to attract mugs to dump on?

I’m not against new exchange listings, but I am weary of listing fees. I’m no expert on the matter and I seldom trade though.

I’ve actually owned a little bit of FUN for some years now. I wonder what I should do. I’m trying to learn to think and act correctly more than I am to make money. My “investment” is so small that no pump in the world could turn it into real money. How high do you think it can go in BTC or ETH from where we are now? I guess at some point the pumpers will move on to other coins, but maybe return to FUN again later.

A fool and his money are easily separated. I’m not sure we can ever change that behaviour. Too many people wish to gain at their expense.

I believe Safe Network has huge potential though and I am happy to invest and hold such a value proposition.

2 Likes

I think this is only true for the sh!ttiest of sh!tcoins—the ones that no one expects to deliver any real value. When they pump people simply hope to catch the wave and exit on time. As many people in this thread have said: you just buy a bunch, cross your fingers, and say at least you didn’t have to spring for a trip to Vegas. No one cares about those projects; no one knows the history because there is no history. By the time you’ve been in the top 100–let alone top 5–there’s history to contend with. Also, MAID didn’t trade at those top 5, top 20, top 50 levels on such a crippled exchange footprint.

Also, find me a single project in the top 50 that trades on only two exchanges ( with one of those two being HitBTC). The need for more reputable, large exchanges is self evident.

5 Likes

I just want to say a big big thank you for all of this.

New listing + well functioning testnet would be great indeed.

9 Likes

Hi.
Just wondering whats the url for bitker.
Afaik they exit scammed in 2019 and are no longer in business.

Ta

1 Like

While I like the theory of it and the big payoff that could come to MaidSafe and to us holders, its partially a gamble. What if we get that big listing announcement but it doesn’t go up or people don’t care to trade it much? Down the hole 100k and a significant amount of coin I am sure the exchange requires MaidSafe to put out. If someone does a lot of researcha(best research would be find one exchange that had tons of coin listings and look at the avg coin listing growth before and after they were added to that exchange, also said coin needs to have been listed on another fairly decent exchange BEFORE that exchange listed them as well to mirror MAID current standing) and we find a big centralized exchange we think will deliver the best shot at achieving the goals of increasing liquidity and trader interest and the fees are within reach maybe we go for it to help give Bittrex international a new competitor here before network launch? I would just hate to see MaidSafe and the community put all that effort and excitement into it and it be a dud. If you are fully confident it will pay off and achieve the goals you outlined I would say go for it, you will go down as a genius if it succeeds or unpleasant acronyms if it fails :laughing: .

1 Like

And…by bitker, I mean bitfinex… Too many bit names

2 Likes

I hope you have not bit off more than you can chew…

2 Likes

Whatever it takes :blush:

3 Likes

We have faith in you and I will volunteer my grannies old false teeth if its getting a bit much

If erc20 coins are close to being done is it necessary to go after binance or kucoin or anything else?

I highly anticipate ERC20; however, there are at least 2 things to get sorted before we will likely see true usage:

• Code audit by third party blockchain/smart contract security firm
  • Delegation of multisig key holders (with one party being MaidSafe or some other trusted and traceable entity)

Moreover, the majority of volume still exists on CEX. ERC20 and DEX are a step in the right direction, but they are not enough IMO.

7 Likes

Look at Celsius Network with few shit exchanges more than 2 billion market cap

Looks like the dump has arrived… lots of coins falling today. All the fun of the crypto fair! :rofl:

4 Likes

Good time to buy!

Bear market coming but over coin is same so much fun :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::rofl::heart_eyes:

I don’t know who dipped their toes here but if you have… it looks like they are planning a little hype cycle for January.
New website with 4 unreleased announcements to come.

2 Likes

I am in with a buy-in of 19,5c since day 0. Surprisingly I am not - 60% as it appears but more like -10%. All because of a generous liquidity providing program.

5 Likes

luckily I let it cool off a bit before I took a bite.

1 Like