Other Coins - Price & Trading topic

Hmm, if I use a BTC ATM to buy some crypto, no matter how low the daily limit is to avoid identity check (around a thousand USD atm), especially the one that can print a paper wallet on the spot, and I spend the BTC via services like simplecoin.cz, crypto is actually anonymous, or my identity needs to be tracked at least. And if I’m actually smart about it (good disguise when buying BTC and a public PC when spending it, they’re not getting me anyway).

With PayPal on the other hand…

Do you have a smartphone? If you have a smartphone you don’t have anonymity, they know you’ve been to the BTC ATM.

Anonymity only makes sense if it is for everyone. That’s why Safe is important. Anonymity for everyone, not just the smart ones :freedom:

4 Likes

Here we had an ATM at a cafe, and the cafe was local so they could not prove I was there to use atm. Never went there though and do not know if it is still there

That’s why I mentioned the paper wallet option. Actually, you can scan the code from a paper too, so all you need is a paper wallet instead of a smartphone, and the ATM doesn’t really need to print anything.

It’s definitely complicated, but crypto, despite all the regulations and in spite of the fact it’s been getting co-opted in a huge way, still can be used anonymously, if one is not lazy and lives in an area provided with enough ATMs.

2 Likes

I was not talking specifically about the crypto. If you carry a smartphone with you - Google knows where you are, if you pay with a credit card your bank knows how much and where you eat, even if you don’t do these things if everyone else does them, you stand out against them. Anonymity exists only if it is for everyone, and we are headed with full force to a world where anonymity is declining…

1 Like

We have these WBCTB machines with the paper wallet print option which can only be used for buying/selling BTC; the fee is not exactly modest, but hey, they work.

Then we have these BITCOMAT beasts you can also use to buy/sell other crypto such as ether, litecoin, etc.

Funny enough, these ask you whether you are a politically exposed person.

2 Likes

To which the right answer presumably is ‘no’?

2 Likes

Yes. And most people don’t lie. The rest are… politicians.

4 Likes

some of my close friends are releasing their degenerate defi project version 1.0 today. So since they are my pals of course I am biased but I still think this is gonna pamp.

The basic idea is that you are betting on uniswap states. in v1.0 you can only bet on a few markets they have manually added. In future versions people will be able to add any market on uniswap to bet on and in further future versions hopefully any blockchain state (including oracles.)

The tokenomics work so you are betting to get a share of the inflation so it’s not like a pool per say. Its more of a raid boss then a deathmatch. So you can play with your friends on a team and everyone can still “win.”

here is the official site if you are at all interested.

uniswap pair:

https://info.uniswap.org/pair/0xd6a46098b6cfcdd920e0c950407d12470833c786

1 Like

This video explains what problem this type of tokens most often have: $25 million dollar DeFi exploit on Ethereum. How to not lose everything yield farming. Security. - YouTube

1 Like

this is like over an hour long. can you summarize the problem? is it “because its like HEX?”

1 Like

I haven’t looked at your friends’ token and I don’t know if there is one of the following most often problems:

• Admin keys - the rules of the smart contract can be changed without the consent of the participants by 1 person, including stealing all the money from the pool
  • Measuring average time - there is something called a quick loan in the blockchain. With it you can take a loan from one pool, push the price down or up in another pool, make a profit and return the money. All this happens in 1 transaction and you do not need to secure the loan. Therefore, in the financial sector, an average price is measured for a certain time (30 minutes) so that a whale or someone with a qyick loan cannot come and push the price for 30 seconds and take advantage. The video explains it better…
  • No audits - in recent months we have seen many Defi projects fail and lose millions of dollars due to code problems - both technically and economically

They don’t talk about Hex in the video. And by the way, Hex is a real DeFi - without admin keys, without the need to measure the average time (because it does not use oracles) and with 3 audits - 2 on the code and 1 economically.

So Hex is the opposite of most DeFis and deserves respect, because in 1 year it made 17000% up, entered the top 10 of the crypto and people controlling bitcoin for over 4 billion dollars claimed it for free with their private keys…

its still in development. This is like their baby fleming so of course need to be able to make changes. They didn’t steal all the money right away. They made something that works instead so I tend to trust they are in it for the long haul.

there are mechanisms in place to average out flash crash/pumps over time to determine if a bet is won or lost. if that’s what you mean. This is not a lending platform in any case. But manipulation is a valid point and I encourage you to read the white paper to see all the checks and balances they have put in place to combat this.

It has in fact been audited by a reputable company. you can check it out here: https://github.com/Hilobrain/PreDex-Audit/blob/main/PreDEX%20audit%20eng.pdf

As for being like HEX I didn’t watch the whole vid but I checked it and saw that opulent HEX shill guy, so I guessed that your argument might be that it inflates too fast or something like that.

1 Like

Richard’s Big Pay Day

1 Like

Time will tell, I’ve been following him for 4 years and I don’t think we’ll ever see him sell Hex. I think Richard understands that everything in the crypto is based on trust. If the origin address ever sells Hex, it will be the end of the product…

The idea for the origin address to exist, in my opinion, is to have a large number of coins to give it a large marketcap:

3 Likes

Hi guys,

A little shill for Radix (https://www.radixdlt.com/), one of the oldest crypto project around (development started in 2013).

My company altcoinomy.com took care of the KYC for private and public sale and they raised more than 12m.

Today is big day as they will be distributing tokens and listing for the first time on Uniswap, then centralized exchanges. Main net is planned for Q1 2021.

A great project with a lot of potential. A heads up while it’s still time, as I expect that one to reach the top 10 on coinmarketcap very quickly, and you ll probably see a 10x today on the token ticker eXRD.

Cheers,
Olivier

5 Likes

Sounds interesting, what do you think is the probability of beating UniSwap?

1 Like

This is a little off-topic, but as your company altcoinomy is a fully registered entity. If MaidSafe didn’t want to deal with the administration of OMNI to ERC20 ( coin to token) swapping. Would you (for a fee?) facilitate the swap as the third party?

1 Like

private sale investors are price vested, so the liquidity on Uniswap will be very low, coming from LP mining program only, so the token price is bound to moon imho. But as always, the market is always right, and we will see how it goes this afternoon.