Other Coins - Price & Trading topic

Many crypto projects heading towards insolvency and BTC about to hit the 4’s. This is something else

This is a shit show. We need to raise capital in a traditional manner. Can’t rely on crypto for at least the next six months…

4 Likes

MaidSafe is cool. We’ve got cash, which is King in a situation like this.
But the rest of the world… oh my, bloody hell and so forth. But things will settle, so let’s just see.

10 Likes

Yeah I’m not typically one to scream fire. That is reassuring though because I agree that a cash position currently IS ideal. Over the coming several months or years as things settle, I agree with Pumpliano that people will start looking for assets that are deflationary such as gold and bitcoin in fears of all of the money printing causing excess inflation. At that point things might look better. The bitcoin chart will look like a shitecoin chart now which isn’t great. Either way I just want to see the SAFE network and see a people powered economy emerge from operating vaults from home to starting online business, blog, vlogs, and e-commerce with a few clicks of a button and at a low low cost.

4 Likes

Substratum is still there. Doing nothing but still there

1 Like
1 Like

Think you over reacted yet? Or do you think theres more yet to come?

Not sure that means alot, I think that’s the guy who found his old usb with 1k bitcoins on.

The current situation means that a large fraction of global disposable income will be securing their own situation, then hunting for stock market deals. It will be a while before it comes back to crypto, but an opportunity for everyone who thinks its a good time to buy. We face a seriously disruptive event, and SAFE will be needed more than ever in response to the crap policy that is surely coming our way. Sucks if you need the money you have in crypto, but if you have a bit extra month to month, you’ll be paid handsomely for providing liquidity on the buy side.

4 Likes

We are heading straight into a wall of a liquidity crisis and at best a severe recession. If you can afford to buy a few coins for the future it will pay off, assuming product delivery

4 Likes

Btc still down, but I expect it to go up fast as soon as banks start to get in trouble, or at least people start to think that banks are having problems. If people are already concerned about toilet paper…what about their money in the banks…massive bankruns are possible. Then BTC becomes btc again, an alternative to the current banking system instead of a some trading tool for making money

2 Likes

before that it is very possible BTC to go down to 3 digits…

2 Likes

Wishful thinking…

In 2008 precious metals saw a 50% drop yet still retained their safe haven status. They also roared back in value when the economy improved.

I expect BTC to drop to $3000 USD plus or minus $250. “Just imo. Not financial advice.'”

3 Likes

I will be waiting for a BTC 1k and a ETH 50 USD. This is insane, global economy collapsing and virus outbreak mania. All because some dude wanted some bat soup :skull: .

3 Likes

If btc 1k, so maid will cost 0.005 dol

If you can find sellers

4 Likes

Do you ever thought you will find sellers for 0.05 dol? The same will be for 0.04 3 2 1

1 Like

Not a lot of liquidity right now. We get below 0.03 and I plan to start buying more. I will not be alone. I seriously doubt at these levels that there will be millions of MAID available for all the buyers. At those prices even the most cynical will figure it’s better to hold MAID as a lottery ticket than lock in a loss by selling. And the more logical will recognize MAID/SAFE is much, much, much better than a lottery ticket.

3 Likes

I do not think any PMs dropped 50% during the financial crisis, though they did drop in the early part of the crash. As you say, PMs were clearly a safe haven especially when the QE taps were turned on and the rest of the economy was doing nothing.

It could be argued that it hasn’t been doing much since then without QE. Maybe we are still due the reset from 2008. I guess we’ll find out over the next few weeks and months.

1 Like

In 2008 gold dropped ~30% and silver a little more than 50%. I recall the precious metals markets fell harder earlier. Silver’s drop today is concerning. But as you say they came roaring back when the money tap was opened.

1 Like