Other Coins - Price & Trading topic

Not so surprising to me, that tweet where he withdraws his promise.

3 Likes

Absolutely, and we have front row seats.

6 Likes

By mid year he will say if bitcoin doesn’t drop to 0 by end of 2020 he will eat his own Johnson live on TV.

2 Likes

He has probably discovered us, hence the change of heart :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

As much as “when lambo” irritated the crap out of me, I kind of miss the excitement of those days.

6 Likes

€ 370 billion in savings accounts in the Netherlands, I wonder how much purchasing power they loose per day/annum?

1 Like

Has anyone been following Icon (ICX) the last week or so? I have owned a little going back a few years and either this is the beginning of a massive pump and dump or perhaps an ethereum like run. It’s the only other project that I have followed as closely as MAID. Just looking for others opinions of the project if they have any. Thanks.

1 Like

Well @Josh its over 10K now, even though there is a 4000BTC auction coming up

5 Likes

I don’t think 4k BTC is enough to really move the market a lot, and that’s assuming they buy it at auction and dump it immediately. That said this is starting to feel really bubbly lol. I am moving my portfolio more and more into fiat just to catch it when we run out of dumb money :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Ugh with BTC at 10.1k and ETH at 230 dollars I want crypto to cool off for a bit. I rather not have another bull market and SAFE not have anything out the door yet :skull: . I want a network in parallel with when the average joe is giving crypto an eye viewing(even if its all mostly for dollar signs, its a start). Oh well, at least usually when BTC goes up the tide rises with it. Plus I personally like ETH so if it goes to 1.5k or so I won’t complain :slight_smile: .

2 Likes

As long as MAID stays in touch with BTC, a cryptocurrency bull market will help fund development still though.

7 Likes

I would not be surprised if Draper gobbles them up and he is not going to dump.

I get the complete opposite feeling, the whole space is pretty cool it is not mania that is driving the price up.

2 Likes

I just don’t see the same mania as last halving where it was on the news every day, and everyone and their gramma was rushing to get at least a bit of cash into the system. I think even now there’s not a lot of new buyers, but the price keeps inflating and that is not a stable situation. Maybe some whales trying to hold the average up as long as they can to empty large bags but not like tons of new people hyped about crypto.

2 Likes

That’s because the MLM scams have disappeared. The scammers were significant buyers

2 Likes

There are some projects that had promise 2 years ago that are starting to show that the cooling off period allowed them to actually catch up on the tech. I believe we saw the same relative rises last time pre halving but the real party was the following 18 months with levels of fluctuations. It would be horrible and very damaging in my opinion if by the end of this year there is still no product to show at all here because you can’t keep brushing off parabolic cycles and say “we just weren’t ready yet” another time. Things are starting to heat up but we are a very far way from a frenzy again. People will start paying attention again at BTC 20k.

5 Likes

Agreed. To best capitalize on the halving sentiment, I think a working network needs to be in the wild by year end. That would require release of Fleming and Maxwell this year. Hopefully, Fleming’s broadened scope will decrease the development time for Maxwell. If beta hits by early 2021, I don’t see why this won’t be a top 5–if not higher—project again. A market cap in the top 5 would provide development funding for years to continue to enhance SAFE.

8 Likes

I’m suddenly reminded of how many videos are out there that bombard people’s e-mail boxes with upcoming troubles in the world and offer investment advice, but don’t say what to invest in until after you buy their information. I would imagine some of those would promote cryptocurrency. That’s just one of the ‘invisible’ forces that could lead to some crazy tipping point. I don’t know what it’s like to be the many people yet-to-be-interested in cryptocurrency, seeing as the sphere is so old-hat to me (BTC and first alts I’ve already dabbled in, and now sitting in MAID for 5 years)—but so many others have no idea about all of that, and will be apart of the future participation. Even beyond the ‘many’ who have also dabbled in this stuff in 2018 or whenever the “crazy” crypto rush was, there are always more. The crazy is just beginning, whether it be now or this year or the first few years of this new decade.

MAID is unique in that it doesn’t have a blockchain, and generally is a completely separate entity. So that has its advantage, on top of its obvious other, already inevitable mass-utility. Worst case scenario is that people are so satisfied with a potential non-SAFE future, that SAFE’s eventual future creation coincides half-and-half with people’s BTC etc. familiarity. Maybe non-SAFE stuff will just slowly sell off and wither away, also.

I’m not sure I understand what you’re saying. Are you suggesting like “constant contact “ version of promoting maid to bring people on board?

I hope this doesn’t put David and the team under undue pressure but it would be marvellous

1 Like