Other Coins - Price & Trading topic

I do not agree. As the population of the earth grows and more and more people gain access to computers, for SAFE the free resources will increase. For you and me in our lives, this is forever…

Of course, having said that, I plan to invest in PC equipment for being a farmer, even though I understand that I will be at a loss in terms of not earning as much safecoin as I could buy directly…

3 Likes

I think if we truly had a bottomless well of free resources to contribute towards the network the price of a safecoin would get pulled to zero. So look at it from that side. Do you think safecoin will be free?

Since it has a cap it has some scarcity, right? Just by being scarce it has value coupled with utility and the cost of operation for farmers give us its value, am I right?

2 Likes

No, no … You’re totally wrong. The price of Safecoin depends on one thing only! How many people are holding. If no one sells and there are those willing to buy the price will go up forever. If there are 4 billion people holding 1 safecoin and providing network resources and in order to use the network for their daily needs they need 0.001 safecoin, guess what the price will be?

more free resources for the network = more space = less people selling safecoion = higher safecoin price

1 Like

ya I guess even if its totally free to make it is still at least worth whatever price someone will just buy all of it. I would think what people would be willing to pay for something they could just make as much as they want for free to be quite low though.

but they can’t! If 4 billion people are farmers, it will be extremely difficult to get SafeCoin. At the same time, it will be extremely cheap to use the network!

Now I understand why you are willing to risk something that can go up by 2 million% to get a 10% profit …

I think just being like everyone HODL is a zero sum game because there is no way to cash out without breaking the HODL oath :stuck_out_tongue: What I want to see is circulation. Then its not hurting anything if you sell some to someone that needs it. Its helping the wealth flow around and visit many different hands with value being exchanged along the way. Trust me an economy where every HODLs is not healthy.

This is not good for the price. The more something is used, the lower the price…

Tell it to the gold hodlers :wink:

1 Like

what value is really being created by just HODLing gold though. If we all just accumulated gold and never spent it on anything else the economy would grind to a halt. Why produce any other type of value when everyone just wants gold. So I hope with safecoin we see a vibrant economy that actually extends far beyond farming. I wana see people trading all kinds of stuff for this sweet new coin.

2 Likes

That’s what had ruined Germany pre second world war. They had a deflation. It is worse then inflation. When everyone holds you get a deflation which kills the economy. “The Great Depression, exacerbated by Brüning’s policy of deflation, led to a surge in unemployment”

2 Likes

People in crypto are against “Inflation” but if it is done properly (according to population growth) it churns and propels the economy.

1 Like

This may be true, but not for money that can be divided indefinitely. If you have 1 safe and the price of everything floor against it ie. today you can buy 1 GB of space for 0.1 safe, tomorrow you can buy 1 GB of space for 0.01 safe, etc. this means that its value is increasing and its use is also increasing. Just don’t sell for fiat money :wink:

People forget that the Safecoin is backed by something real! It would be the same if we could turn matter (gold) into other matter (bread)…

1 Like

Being on the spectrum helps

1 Like

I just don’t get how he can lose his wallet key code. $1.5 billion must have something to do with it

1 Like

It’s even better. He gave his keys to another person LoL. In less than 24 hours, we will understand the truth :wink:

2 Likes

@Dimitar Isn’t that the email that had the wrong dates in the header. Or was it the signed message that was done after the claimed time :rofl:

1 Like

https://w2.countingdownto.com/2800335

Why didn’t he put his full name on the whitepaper if he wants the recognition and doesn’t care to be anonymous?

3 Likes

Actully its 3 and 1/2 hours away Sydney time which is where this contract was made

And doesn’t look like a very binding contract either

2 Likes

But the couriers don’t work as early;) I gave them 3+9 more hours before the start of the work day :wink:

1 Like