Other Coins - Price & Trading topic

This is not true. Both can. But their problems are other … I’ve tested both as a user and as node. I even had sia ASIC but my cats hated it and I Threw It On The Ground :smiley:

6 Likes

Ok, re public data, I’m assuming things have moved on since I last looked at these projects then.

1 Like

Totally agree and I’m very pleased that Andrew Yang (presidential candidate currently in sixth place in America) brings that data is now more valuable than oil to the national conversation.

He’s also very into the idea of data ownership and anonymity surprisingly. I’ve heard him say he thinks there should be an easy way to get paid for sharing our data anonymously online with third parties, and the more deanonymized the data gets the more you get paid.
Now, I think that particular approach raises a serious problem as those who are financially disadvantaged will be incentivized to give up basic human privacy but I’m glad that some of these key terms and values are being brought to national attention by a presidential candidate no less!

Just imagine this bubbling in the back of millions of minds and SAFE is slowly brought to everyone’s attention. Not because it’s “crypto” or “disruptive tech” but because it’s easier than anything else and is secure and private and You own the very thing that is more valuable than oil and you can get paid for holding little bits of the internet on your computer. Just as much as Maidsafe has a serious focus on UI/UX so that anyone can use it, our terminology when explaining it (once it’s ready) should change when talking to laymen. SAFE has the best shot at actually changing the game but we have to get the word out there and not by saying “have you ever heard of bitcoin?”

3 Likes

Cats have the last miaow on everything. MaidSafe, may cats like you and the safe network nodes, or we’re doomed.

3 Likes

My Boston Terrier would highly disagree.

3 Likes

I like Yang. I don’t buy into the whole UBI thing but you can tell he’s a genuinely very smart guy and not motivated by power or emotion. Just finished listening to JRE with him last night and was highly impressed. I am nowhere near him on politics but he’s a good dude.

2 Likes

Sorry for going off topic. These other coins suck.

4 Likes

:joy: well said and couldn’t agree more.

2 Likes

Bitcoin price prediction using SF = stock / flow ratio as marker of asset value. It shows how it match for gold, silver and Bitcoin and predict price of Bitcoin after halving to $55k.

medium.com/@100trillionUSD/modeling-bitcoins-value-with-scarcity-91fa0fc03e25

Not sure how it would match with coins with no inflation and low development expenses.

2 Likes

If current $MAID / $BTC ratios hold, that would be approximately $1.00 per Maidsafe token,
and that before the impact of the Fleming release.

EDIT:

Actually, that first bitcoin high of $20,000 gave us $1.20 Maidsafe.

Pheeewwweeeee… BTC at $55,000 will pique the interest of previous
investors, and we could go upward of $3.30 per maid token on just
price action alone. With the accelerated pace of the maid team, by
the time we get to the halvening… $5.00, maybe upwards of $10 once
the price watchers notice?

At the current price of $0.19, $MAID is screaming buy.

6 Likes

wtf:
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/safe/

4 Likes

:joy::joy:

OMG. They have no product, no intrinsic value, just the name.

Need a clear statement that this is a fake coin, what we do not want is someone in the future to claim…

1). To redeem their fake coin against the real SAFENetwork.

2). A shady character to pretend he invented the SAFENetwork because he was trading “Safe” coins well before launch.

OMG. $1.00 SAFE coin, perhaps I’ll send this link to the people who recently I made buy… :joy::joy::joy::joy::rofl::rofl:

We are being trolled by wash traders. Any genuine money going in to that coin is being used to buy real maidsafe tokens, I guarantee it.

Edit: maybe I should take back what I said above.

https://www.anwang.com/en/index.html

They seem to be a legit blockchain tech, just an unfortunate coincidence with the name collision. They look like just another copy can blockchain company though.

They probably have their own marketing team, and well… China is crazy about crypto and gambling.

We need to penetrate the Chinese Market if we want to look after the price, but I’d rather the Maid team keep doing what they are doing and deliver the product.

I personally wouldn’t touch the ‘fake’ coin.

3 Likes

I went to the anwang site before posting. How does a bag of crap like this get a mkt cap of 20mm??

4 Likes

I just hope any real buyers don’t think they have bought Maidsafe. They are going to be depressed one day. Yep, crazy Chinese will gamble on anything

1 Like

What are your thoughts on the Republic Protocol ticker REN?

1 Like

Token/ Coin swap and DEX are doing the same no ? There is no evidance, that REN will dominate the market in a future.

Question is, what will make value of REN, when you will need only for short time of exchange.

1 Like

They are as far as having built a decentralized dark pool, but you are right the final product ain’t ready yet.

This is not the same as DEX or an atomic swap, it smartly combines both in an anonymous way using the decentralized darkpool which is a new concept in crypto, which i believe currently has no competition.

Just like with The Safe Network back in 2014, also with REN you invest in the team believing they will be able to crystalize their dream.

1 Like

The CTO of the project has a memorable name at least :rofl:

12 Likes

I’m not sure we will ever see above $20,000 BTC again. I think what we will see some good attempts, then the usual news articles of BTC going to 1,000,000 pumping up the hype.

The only time we will see BTC at 20,000 and above is through natural inflation and devaluation, or catastrophic collapse.

People need a monetary instrument separate from bank control, gold did that but wasn’t accessible to the masses. I’m not sure you can go too wrong with BTC near term, in purchasing power preservation if you hodl the dips, but your not going to get rich on an established alt reserve money… but the hype will keep that dream alive.

SAFECoin on the other hand, not only is it money, its backed by value and utility, and data. At sub $0.20 crypto bugs should be buying hand over fist. It your best shot at making a little cash in the crypto world.

I see a BTC & SAFECoin future. Long term, SAFECoin all the way though. :wink:

5 Likes

I think that’s why SAFEcoin will be much more akin to gold then BTC. BTC has value from nothing but the fact we agree it has value and exchange it around enough that people feel confident there will always be a buyer, very much like fiat… MAID on the other hand represents at a bare minimum some amount of data storage. That is something there will always be a buyer for because its directly usable to so many people. In fact that makes it like something a little better then gold. In a zombie apocalypse you can’t eat gold

4 Likes