Other Coins - Price & Trading topic

why would any big corp want to partner with them if there is any issue with the protocol?
Im not sure if the project is promising or just a pump and dump therefore asking here…

IOTA has no interest in freedom or privacy it’s pointed directly towards business use.

Atm IOTA is the only ‘real’ solution to IoT and will continue to attract significant interest. The ‘Tangle’ could possibly have a big future in the immediate/short term (<5 years).

Look closer though and there’s more than a few issues:

• PoW is a definite no go for any IoT future
  • Confirmation times stink
  • Code politely stinks when you put it side by side with this project
  • Double spend issues
  • Sh1tty leadership (the type that tends to defy gravity and head towards the fan)

There, that’s the best short summary for a normie/non-techie or trader to understand.

As with most projects if SAFE works it renders IOTA on quicksand. But hey maybe it’s a not a bad punt in the next run up until Maidsafe are ready to rock and/or IOTA can somehow remove the Co-Ordinator.

If you’re after some more detail there’s been a few discussions in the past on this project in the forum just search for IOTA and there will be links for the white paper and their website etc

3 Likes

After decent pump it is still ROI -51,61% compare to first known price. Buying now is way cheaper than buys of most investors in the past.

What is the reason that after all the development the price is that low ?

My take…

https://twitter.com/safepress/status/1122810793823805441

5 Likes

8hours without an update tweet from my bitbot, checked it… it’s still running.
Market is flat today.
8 following so far.
With some additional tweets, I might add sentiment detection for each ALTCOIN.
Is anyone real on twitter these days? Hope so.
My bit will be retweeting Thursday night updates… hope to grow a massive following on the price reporting, and hit them with the maidsafe microadvertisements. :wink:

Follow and retweet me :slight_smile: especially when bitbot reports MAID market movements.

4 Likes

So, Bitbot has been opening my eyes.
Anyone know what is going on with these coins? They keep going up and down, and bitbot tweets them regularly.

It feels fake, like a bot is running in the background pumping in a square wave.

One other interesting coin price movement bitbot has tweeted about is this one…

What the hell is a clam?!

So I googled.

Anyone here want to check?

Checked my addresses…

nada…

Edit: more info

https://coinswitch.co/info/clams/what-is-clams

@Zoki I think you’re looking for ways to lose money… :frowning:

Of course, it is wise to risk 5% of your portfolio with low marketcap projects to get more MAID but there are “projects” and projects…

3 Likes

Grayscale new TV commercial.

2 Likes

They better watch out where they drop it because gold is 19,3 times heavier than water.

2 Likes

If their past is any indication, they might fork maidsafe’s code for their volume network.

Tron: Uprising or Tron: Legacy?

3 Likes

He admits to the failure of the technology to achieve the goals, yet TRON still has a $1.6bn market cap. Only in crypto!

4 Likes

Reading their whitepaper convinced me that this is not serious (no proof-reading, with many errors and approximations).

Additionally, their code is not open source (they say it will be on Q1 2020).

I read it because I thought their network stores data, but it does not: hard disks are only used for their proof or work.

3 Likes

protip: DOGE is a rly hot buy right now. Like if you just get some and HODL I am 99.999999% sure there will be a higher price one day. Everyone cashing out to sell BTC but they will be back when that levels off. It’s kinda a short on BTC to buy right now but you also win if it gets so bullish that spills over into mad altcoin pumps :stuck_out_tongue:

After all the escapades with doge at the beginning.
Changing the emission curve etc etc.
I would never buy it.

Considering the (small) team in place and the beginning of this project, it’s probably one of the best opportunity to make a good ROI. However I’m not really fan of the ICO way of acquiring those tokens… Buy limits on an exchange…

eh well I said that at first about like ETC but you know what, time heals, or at least blurs the past into white noise I don’t care about today. Yes it would be a better opportunity if there were not 5% new coins per year but the swings in DOGE are like wayyy more then 5% usually so I just make sure to buy when its really low knowing those few extra coins are going to barely dent my profits.

I think ETH is one of the best alts to buy at the moment… that BTC ratio is hammered and is surely going up once BTC is settled. Of course you could say that for many alts, but the hype around ETH will surely make it one of the most likely to reach all time highs again.

3 Likes

Yes, the sell off of ICO’s has not helped the ETH price, but there are a lot of people developing on ETH. Of course there are technical issues, just like BTC, but that won’t stop people speculating on it, and like I say the hype is strong, so I expect all time highs again.

I agree LTC and XMR are decent buys too. LTC already retraced quite a bit though.

I totally agree and that’s why I am always accumulating some ETC on dips. If your project needs super higher security then by all means pay to be on the hardest network to hack though brute force: ETH… if you are making like crypto kitties you don’t really need that extra level of security IMO. Although some of those figgin kitties are worth 1000s lol. I think most ETH tokens don’t represent the size of asset you need to protect with a digital fort knox though. The market is still realizing this and I think we will see these smaller market cap blockchains bleed quite a bit more mindshare from ETH.

1 Like