Other Coins - Price & Trading topic

If we go back to Alpha 2, it is pretty difficult to say there was any uptick due to that milestone alone given the crazy market at the time. It will be good to see the impact of Flemming without the craziness

0 Likes

I call it more analyzing the coin price. If I think it’s going up I honestly say that and give my reasons why. If I think it’s going down, which has been the case for MAID in the past, I don’t hesitate to point that out. I realize there might be some conflict of interest because I own some MAID and maybe I am just saying that I think it’s going up to find greater fools to dump my bags on. I would agree that is unethical. I don’t think being like a news reporter and giving an opinion on what is happening in the world and how that will effect price is bad.

0 Likes

And promoting that is unethical and illegal for shares.

Making a post in social media or blog post or published article is ethical if done correctly

1 Like

its not illegal for an analyst to publish an opinion that is clearly bullish or bearish. Its just illegal for someone to be like I give you my 100% guarantee this is going up, especially if you are like on the board of directors of that company. I guess the real difference is the dev team doesn’t pay me, so I am just yelling things on the street corner and you can’t take away my free speech. If I was a paid member of the marketing team then sure the rules of engagement would become different.

0 Likes

As I clearly said that is correct.

Its the promoting that is illegal.

It seems you are seeing this as black/white and not seeing the ethics behind the reasoning. I’m sorry for my failure for not being able to make the reasoning clearer.

1 Like

personally I draw that line at it is unethical to be deceptive or lie. It is not unethical to be persuasive. And as I mentioned there is a difference between water cooler talk, where I can say hey bob I think this one is going to the moon, and what you say as an official representative of the company where you are more restricted to just making the company look good generally and hoping people will imply this means the stock value is worth more.

0 Likes

promoting is not cooler water talk is it.

You are a trader and promoting is unethical. I know its the norm and expected for crypto

Anyhow I’ll leave it there.

1 Like

Something happening?

0 Likes

These crazy pumps are what make TA look so useless, in this sector. Can never tell what will happen

2 Likes

You never can, no matter which market…

Let me qualify that. You can’t predict the things that matter. It’s not hard to be right in most cases but what good it is if the few times you’re wrong you’re wrong too much? Which is exactly what happens with financial predictions.

0 Likes

He’s at it again

2 Likes

If he wants to keep his promise, then I understand he’s getting nervous :hotdog:

6 Likes

Don’t worry about Johnny boy, he has enough dough for all the crack he needs and if not, he’ll just shill some coins for $100,000 each as usual–though I’m not sure that business is still booming.

0 Likes