Other Coins - Price & Trading topic

Limited edition stickers… surely thats enough?

Well, they definitely don’t build Web 2.0, I can tell you that much.

Or do they… :scream_cat:

1 Like
1 Like

What the fork just happened?

3 Likes

Something to do with the ETF gossip?

1 Like

Im not sure why there is so much fluff around that “news” was always a case of eventually.
But you may be right nothing else stands out… yet.

3 Likes

I was actually looking forward to more winter…

1 Like

I am kind of over it, but I am Floridian :rofl:

This is how I feel about crypto winter.

3 Likes

Ooops, missclicked the buy button, my bad (I wish). :joy:
The moon shines brighter than ever today. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The only winter you should look forward to is, 15 April 2019 “Winter is coming”. :wink::grinning:

2 Likes

I can’t believe I said it myself seeing I just had to plow and shovel snow for an hour. :joy:

2 Likes

Just need to zoom out a bit:

Another couple weeks, then either on our way to testing the larger bear trendline or going down ;D

Volume is much healthier now and there is good fundamental progress in the space, so at least that part looks good.

4 Likes

shutterstock_541045471-390x285

Now they wait for the little fishes to bite on the non existent new bull.run.

6 Likes

O R G A N I C

:grinning::upside_down_face::rofl::rofl: :chart_with_upwards_trend:

Substratum is imploding. They are being delisted from Binance and their Reddit forum is a war zone.

Sad to see so many getting burnt by a project with so many red flags. I just hope those that truly want a decentralised internet find their way here and help a much more promising project reach its goals.

2 Likes

Agreed. I remember wondering how they had convinced so many people to buy their coin - valued higher than maidsafecoin at their peek! It annoyed me at the time as it felt like Maidsafe were being dismissed as a result and there were many posts on this forum about marketing etc… now, i just feel bad for all those dragged into the mess.

4 Likes

They appeared to capture the language of the day and had massive marketing. It sounded great but the red flags we’re everywhere.

3 Likes

The hard bit to accept is that most over there won’t find this project (for a little while anyway).

Don’t wanna stray too far off topic, but the issues with SUB aside, something got hammered home when I was reading about this. The tweet from CZ explaining the de-listing of SUB is symbolic of what is at a deeper level wrong with Crypto now.

We all see the power starting to centralise around Binance now, it is kind of reaching a stage where they can break or severely dent a project no matter how well intentioned or needed it is not just by de-listing but by a simple tweet.

In this case it absolutely seems justified given the behaviour of the Sub CEO and his comments about day trading ICO funds.

We all then want to line up to laud people like Binance for doing the right thing and making the space a better place. Heck they seem to be making the right moves and making people including themselves very wealthy…but haven’t we seen this all before?

Despite the best intentions the unavoidable iron grip of a few always ends up smothering or at worst suffocating real innovation. Those centralised exchanges serve a purpose in the very short term but really should be labelled as carcinogenic particularly for a project like this one.

Next time anyone wants to lose sleep over MaidSafe seemingly not wanting to get into bed and fork over the cash with these places consider that maybe there’s a bit more thought behind the decision then ‘it just costs too much’…

8 Likes

I read on twitter that https://openweb.network has already built what Substratum promised.
Edit: not a lot of source code atm.

3 Likes

Looking at what’s happening now, it almost feels like it may have been for the best not to have been pulled too much into all the 2017 hype. Most of the newcomers have a lot to learn, have no patience, and little technical knowledge, which possibly would not have been a positive for the project at the time, especially with the market crashing in the last 12 months.

What hopefully will happen is that a lot of these projects like Substratum will plant the seed of a decentralised internet into many minds and when them projects fail, hopefully they will dig a little deeper and find Safenet which will be working or very close to working. It’s basically waiting for the newcomers to learn, mature and work out where the best projects are. For most of us, it was much easier to find Maidsafe when we got into crypto back in the early days because there wasn’t really any other projects offering the same vision.

11 Likes