Other Coins - Price & Trading topic

Do you live in Portugal?

Yes, I moved here last year. Loving it :smiley:

4 Likes

Nice one. I’m looking to potentially move over at some point too. I made an investment in Portugal last year and will be spending a fair bit of time there. Are you in Lisbon?

Seems an obvious yes, but I have seen others ask with no clear answer, does Madiera follow the same tax laws?

1 Like

I don’t know the details of Madeira. While I’m not sure if tax is included in Madeira’s autonony, I’ve never heard of Madeira being more favourable than the mainland for crypto tax purposes. Obviously their leader is pro-bitcoin according to recent news stories, so I’ll need to keep an eye on that!

1 Like

I’d recommend it!

I’m in the Algarve in the south of Portugal.

I visited lisbon for a weekend, but haven’t had a thorough look around. From what I saw Lisbon seems very nice in parts, quite run down in others.

Try to move before they change Capital Gains Tax rules if you have significant unrealised gains :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, I think the conference statement of Madiera adopting bitcoin as defacto legal tender has created much confusion.

1 Like

It sounds great if residents in Madeira can use BTC to pay for services etc. Hopefully the mainland government will get some ideas from them!

1 Like

Nice. I’m going to the Algarve soon for a holiday.

I won’t be able to move for quite a while. Hopefully they decide not to go too heavy on the crypto tax because it looks like they are benefiting from their current set up.

1 Like

i’m tempted with the Algarve due to better weather, but more going on in Lisbon, and i know people that live there. I’ll be scoping the places out over the next few years before I make a decision. I’m not ruling out Madeira either.

1 Like

Visiting a few times is the best way to decide where you like the most, and also if you know people somewhere it’s a big factor.

Hope you enjoy the process!

1 Like

That old friend went missing a couple of weeks ago, filed a missing person report, but it looks like I may need to make a new friend.

1 Like

Check to see if you have Free money:

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA

Learn more

Donated to Gitcoin Grants on L1 * 555.93 OP

DAO Voter * 0.0 OP

Multi-sig signers * 0.0 OP

Priced out of Ethereum * 0.0 OP

Optimism User * 0.0 OP

Repeat Optimism user 0.0 OP

Privacy. Security. Freedom

1 Like

And it’s dead…

3 Likes

Not your keys, not your …

3 Likes

Another one bites the dust:

https://twitter.com/otteroooo/status/1537497403246268416?t=LIgQJI9coZFbbfP5RyBZbQ&s=19

2 Likes

The Dex is also have a risk. It is not magical solution.

1 Like

Storj is up 28% today. And it was up quite a bit yesterday. Because… ???

Fundamentals don’t seem to have changed but maybe people are looking for things that have actual utility?

I’ve noticed the storage related crypto assets have been doing relatively well through the slump. Or at least relatively not as badly.

Can we expect a bit of a bump for the Maid price I wonder?

4 Likes

When we get a working testnet that stays up for a few weeks then perhaps we can look forward to some positive price action. Until then, huddle down in the snow and hodl your MAID and eMAID.

5 Likes

5 Likes