Other Coins - Price & Trading topic

Smart money is buying Monero now. China ban for crypto? On chain analytics shows that Asia is selling like crazy. The only option where to hide for Chinese is Monero now. I bet we are going to see insane pump of anonymous crypto pretty soon. Monero was oversold because of Bittrex delist and fear of binance delist. But China ban changed the narative. Also the Continental pipeline hack resulted in 95 million washed in monero. That even sucked huge amounts of monero from exchanges and binance and many other mayor exchanges had and still often have problem with monero withdrawals. There is a widespread believe, that exchanges naked shorted monero and they do not have enough of it for withdrawals. It is the only crypto that can’t be tracked on chain, so they can short it without owning it. If an exchange needs money, they just sell monero and have them. Their problem is if suddently there is lot of withdrawals. And that happend thanks to that pipeline hack. Add to that asians moving their crypto to monero.

This whole scenario is so bullish for anonymous crypto, that Maidsafe can explode instantly once it releases working product.

7 Likes

Yep. Monero just works, and is one of my very few conviction hold-and-accumulates. But even XMR could fall to a fully operational SAFE network.

It will take lot of time, till SNT gets the trust tobeat monero. I expect Haven protocol to fight monero, since it is monero based tech with anonymous stablecoins. And that is very cool.

BTW, I think the dump is over, and we are going up again.

2 Likes

I agree. Think that as far as pure crypto movements go, the dump is within sight of over, this is just stop fishing on a low liquidity weekend. I’m also looking at some of the new securities rules and it seems that preparations are being laid for financial system defaults/turbulence. If so, there may be another leg down. But hey, ya pays your money and ya takes your chances. I’m buying crypto right now instead of going to bed.

1 Like

The fiat system is going to collapse worldwide and nothing can stop it. For that reason I a very bulish on anonymous crypto and very bearish on non anonymous. Non anonymous will be taxed or banned or regulated to such a degree, that it will fail to act as inflation protection. And I am super bullish on gold/silver and gold/silver miners:)

On the same page, just seeing the actual legal ‘rubber hitting the road’

Yep. Bags full of those. Also anyone that produces energy metals (Cu, Co, Ni, U, As). I just wish I hadn’t taken that canoe trip with the metals themselves.

Be careful with those. Those are industrial metals. And even that in few years there will be spike in price on them, we can easily see a dump on indutrial metals in case there is a recesion. Big inflation eats purchasing power and cuts spending to basic needs, which is very bearish for industrial metals. We are very likely to see a dump in their price relatively to monetary metals in case of big inflation or deflation. Of course they could grow first and dump later. Just that this investment is way more riskier than monetary metals.

Btw, uranium pump is a hype that will not end well. First, there is not an increased consumption of uranium yet, and any increase requires new nuclear power plants to be build, which is at least 10+ years in future. Current plants have alredy signed long term deals with supliers. That pump is artifitial hype. And you should know, there is 1000x more Uranium in the ocean in the water, than in land mines. And there is a new discovery of a gel, that can extract it from water easily. That tech is likely goint to be ready in few years for mass production.

But Cooper is very good investment. Creating new cooper mine will take at least a decade and old mines are beeing less and less productive. There will be huge shortage of cooper in 5 years even without any increase in consumption.

3 Likes

Thanks for the long post. Yes, the time to get into the industrial trade was about a year ago, the bags have done reasonably well and the hour is getting late. Cu, as you point out, is going to be a solid long term investment (but there will probably be better entries than right now). The others are shorter term plays in in individual producers (energy and resources is what I know best), but are more of a trading thing. Increased battery consumption is covering the older use-case weakness in these metals and I do believe that will continue in the medium term, barring a full meltdown. Only about 5% of the portfolio anyway and stop losses are in profit so hey. U may or may not end well, indeed, and wouldn’t be my choice of a long term position. WRT ocean extraction, I have done quite a bit of technology assessment, and have always come out super skeptical about the viability of mass production of materials for ocean extraction. Always a few years away, and so far I have yet to see something that pans out at commercial levels. That could of course change :slight_smile:

1 Like

Follow Eric Sproot’s Junior Gold explorers in Newfoundland. New Found Gold is up 10x in a year and probably another 5x from current prices. They are hitting monster grades with their drill results and are only 20% through their drill program

Do you have a cheat sheet or simple guide to digest for the effects of inflation/deflation? I feel like I’ve got a grasp but it’s been a process recently trying to get a big picture of inflation/deflation and how their respective feed back loops affect people and the economy.

It all depends on what we mean by deflation/inflation. Some assets can inflate other deflate in same time. So there is norhing simple in this. But we can simplify it and narrow it to credit money deflation/inflation. Current inflation in stocks is driven by credit(debt, created by low interest rates connected with hight overleveraging), money printing and central bank direct purchases.

Printing will not stop, they have to print in both inflation and deflation situations. What can and will likely deflate is debt. That is much bigger part of money supply than base money. It can deflate mostly by defaulting. This means bancrupcies and destroying of purchasing power.

The only way how to prevent deflation on debt is onflate its real purchaising power. So this means create more money and use them to pay debt. The very important part in it are interest rates. Low rates make it easier to be liquid and handle debt. So low rated help prevent that debt deflation and help to inflate debt more. So low rates are like a drug, they help you not to crash fast, but they postpone the crash to later state when the crash will be way larger.

So this means, the later we have crash or inflation, the larger it will be. Any deflation cycle will be so brutal, that with very high probability politicians will step in and will try to stop it by printing money and trhowing it into system. This will increase money to debt ratio. And eventually they will win and stop deflation. Soon after it, we will have much higher amount of money in circulation, not credit but printedmoney which will likely end up with high inflation soon after deflation cycle end.

So this means there will be strong inflation, the only question is whether there will be very short deflanatory cycle or not. And in that deflanatory cycle, the one with CASH will be able to buy cheap pretty everything, including stocks, houses and comodities. But if that deflanatory cycle is inflated away before it happens, that CASH will only lose purchasing power. So my answer is, I don’t know.

It is good to hold gold and silver and have a steady income of cash:) Do not have debt. That can destroy you in case of interest rates increase.

4 Likes

To continue Antifragile’s nice response, at base it is simple: what quantity of spendable money exists and what can it be spent on? This quantity includes base money, but also bank deposits (i.e. credit). Since 2009, huge amounts of base money deposits have been created by recycling treasury debt in virtually all OECD countries. This is theoretically a reversible process (e.g. the FED sells the accumulated debt back out into the open market), but in practice, they never will and it is essentially printing money which ends up as base money deposits at major financial institutions.

This new cash is at first only accessible to large financial institutions, so the initial question is how do/can they spend them? The answer so far is into financial markets (more spendable currency → higher asset prices) into companies via debt facilities (which have mostly on net gone to financing stock buybacks), and into underwriting mortgage markets (more spendable money → higher prices). So that is where the first major waves of the new money appeared.

Ordinary people’s first crack at spending any of this new cash comes via stock sales (assuming they had financial assets before), or via being able to loan (or be paid) more for a house. So the money has a much slower process to filter through and to start appearing in ‘the real economy’. But now, it seems that the wave of cash is leaking into ‘bad’ price rises, e.g. in inputs. More expensive food, raw materials, land, etc. All because there is more spendable deposits in the hands of entities that spend money on that stuff compared to production levels.

Where this turns bad, is that if people and companies have to spend more on non-discretionary inputs, then they will have less surplus with which to service debt/expand/consume. Imagine a household now looking at their vehicle and grocery budget and saying ‘we have to downsize’. Further, if financial institutions look at the future expansion of prices and decide that on current trajectories, they are losing money in real terms, the natural thing to do is increase interest rates (e.g. the price at which they lend money to the broader population. This of course means that people/companies can borrow less … and if they pay down debt instead, it destroys spendable currency.

I think this is where we are now… if the markets were left alone, interest rates would rise quickly and asset prices would implode. But if they keep their foot on the gas, there is enough money leaking out of the financial world to keep bidding up real world inputs, and increasing the pressure on free cash flows… e.g. the longer they do it, the more pressure will exist for interest rates to rise, and the less cash flow will be available to service debt.

2 Likes

@Antifragile How well works Haven protocol during this weekend? What trade you was able to do this time ?

It worked bad for those who hold it on bittrex, and it saved my ass, since I hold it outside of exchanges. Bittrex disabled withdrawas and wallet is in maintanance. So people holding XHV there were not able to use timemachine feature . By timemachine I mean haven allows you to convert your XHV to xUSD stable coin using 24 hour moving average price from exchanges. So when BTC started to drop, people holding it were able to convert it with much better exchange rate from previous day directly in Haveno wallet. Many did it. Over 10 million xUSD was minted in a single day form Haven. Those who were on Bittrex were dumping like crazy, since they were not able to do that. Those who were on Kucoin were able to withdraw so they converted. There were huge price difference between kucoin and bittrex. I even sold my other coins on Kucoin and bought the dip and withraw haven and minted it to xUSD. So I was able to use this timemachine feature with my other crypto thanks to people who were solling HVN way under conversion price. My xUSD will unlock in 7 days and then I will convert them bakc to XHV and I will receive way more XHV than I burned.
Of course I lose a lot as everyone else hodling any crypto, but I saved also a lot by actively using the protocol. As I said ealrier, it is leveraged coin, it goes very fast up on bull market and very fast down on bear market, but its time machine feature gives you an oportunity to save your ass in sudden crash. Of course it will not save your ass in slow decline, only in crash situations.

It works also in different direction. In case XHV pumps suddently you have an option to mint XHV at older price thanks to 24 hour moving average feature.

This coins is actually the one, you shoud actively use to manage your portfolio.

1 Like
2 Likes

Parts are closed source, some open source bits cannot be copied and it requires special hardware they provide. Hmm.

Seems like NNS is centralised and has closed source components. The NNS seems to control identities and access too.

It looks like they want to become the next big monopoly, rather than removing monopolies. I’ll pass!

10 Likes

Pulse has a new website:

Privacy. Security. Freedom

1 Like

Here were go again.

Bitcoin options expire this Friday – May 28 – at 8 am UCT

BTC tumbles after bullish news. How low will it go?

I think it is down because the FBI seized the colonial pipeline ransom and nobody knows how.

2 Likes