Other Coins - Price & Trading topic

I think @Dimitar is being vindicated by what’s happening. Only Dex have a chance of being independent of banking cartels.

11 Likes

The problem though is fiat gateways as far as I know there is no decentralized solution. @dimitar?

3 Likes

And the safe network :sunglasses:

4 Likes

The decentralised ‘gateways’ will have to evolve too. It brings us back to human to human small value transactions, which if anything is democratising.

We had this before centralised gateways but it has largely disappeared because they carry risk and involve more effort.

3 Likes

It’s a pita, but you can always buy metals and sell them, or there’s services like xapo where they provide you with a card ( fees apply), but I think they’re turning into a bank very soon so don’t know how that will end up.

1 Like

Just bisq I think

3 Likes

I remain confused as to why Bisq isn’t generally very very popular with people interested in Safe, and why we aren’t pushing to get on there and be active there.

I’ve tried to have a look at getting MAID working there but I’m still a bit of a novice when it comes to lots of this stuff, and couldn’t get my head around it. Perhaps there is a good reason we can’t be listed, but I don’t see it yet, if there is.

What do you guys think about?

I’d nvr heard of it so gave it a search, I don’t use defi so not surprised I’d not heard of it.
First article I read put me of.

Edit.
Just look at the rates they’re paying, does seem to good to be true.

I think the rates are normal in Defi. 5% for lending and 84% for LM is not out of the norm I think?

Lightning currently has a maximum throughput of 25 million transactions per second

Bitcoin for billions, not billionaires.

3 Likes

I think technically, any cryptocurrency could get those same results if they used a layer 2 equivalent of Lightning payment channels which are basically just a multi-sig address shared between a couple (or several?) people that fund that channel and all channels are somehow cryptographically linked. Any changes to accounting between them aren’t settled on chain until after the payment channel is closed.
So just signatures of accounting.

I also wonder if that number is also due to the size in which the Lightning Network has now grown. The total current network size TPS. I think Lightning Network is really neat and technically Safe Network could do that too. Maybe this is somewhat considered for batching DBC’s @dirvine? Not sure how that’s planned to work but just basic multi-sig shares accounting until settlement on network pretty much means your only speed limits are BLS, network size, latency, and light?

Lightning Network payments are likened to 6th degrees of separation where all Lightning Network users will be able to pay all other Lightning Network users either directly, or through one or several forwarding users.

Decent resources
Understanding the Lightning Network, Part 1: Building a Bidirectional Bitcoin Payment Channel - Bitcoin Magazine - Bitcoin News, Articles and Expert Insights there is also a Part 2 & 3.

5 Likes

As I understand, the Lightning need “guaranteed 24 hours on-line full node” to prevent missing Tx.

It means, it is some kinds of small banking network. But at the first, blockchain dont have anonymous so, even they can reach 100 billion Tx/s, it is still not useful for digital innovation. Just good and fast money transfer network ?

2 Likes

PulseChain sacrifice phase starts tomorrow. This is the biggest vampire attack against ETH we’ve had - all smart contracts and tokens will be copied.

Richard Heart has proven for the last year and a half that he knows how to play the crypto game - Hex is the number 3 cryptocurrency already so I expect Pulse to make a few hundred X as well, if someone is looking for a risky way to make more money to buy more MAID…

Privacy. Security. Freedom

5 Likes

FWIW, I don’t really know what to expect with Pulsechain. I believe, as I understand it, each “copy” of ERC token will trade independently on Pulsechain, and will not be a 1:1 fiat value with the ETH chain (although, they have said there will be cross chain trading pairs, and initially you’ll get a 1:1 coin airdrop). Add to that, the Pulsechain version of ETH will be heavily diluted, as there will be something like 10,000x more Pulse ETH than there is regular ETH.

I do have some ERC20 tokens, and I will try to see what I can do with them, but I’m also not doing the sacrifice thing. I may just convert all those airdropped copies to pulseHEX, and then stake them.

Obviously what I’m saying is not financial advice.

My personal understanding is that Richard will use Pulse as a Trojan horse to get Hex into aggregator sites as Coinmarketcap.

This means that he needs a big cap coin (that’s why the multiplication is 10000x + a small liquidity so that the big whales can’t get out of the game right away and are forced to play).

In my opinion, this means that we will see a Pulse pump from x10-100, of course if you are a big whale you will not be able to take advantage of it, so I think it is reasonable to play with small amounts.

Another thing that is important to know is that Richard is playing a long-term game and that is why it is reasonable to play not only against him but also with him in the long run.

For example, in one of the streams he hinted that he has started to make his own European exchange, which will inevitably bring more people into the game, because it will provide a direct Fiat ramp to Hex and Pulse.

Hex’s main liquidity is in USDC, not Bitcoin/ETH, so I expect the same with Pulse, which means that even if there is a bear market for the rest of the crypto, Hex and Pulse can go up even more.

My life experience shows that the people you are talking about do not take the extra steps. Richard has too many extra steps and it is clear for me that he is not playing to deceive people, but trying to change the world for the better. But I will not argue, everyone has an opinion and time will tell who was right.

3 Likes

Hoping that SAFE farming will also be gaMAIDfy @JimCollinson :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

Richard enriches himself only for the greater good of mankind, what a hero, if only there were more like him. :rofl:

Vitalik personally said two days ago that he welcome Pulse and was grateful for the $ 23 million donation from the Pulse community to the Sens Foundation. It’s super sad when our community practically gets a free 10k MAID from Richard to insult him. Man deserves respect.

1 Like