Other Coins - Price & Trading topic

Any of you guys know much about this Internet Computer project that has appeared in the top ten?

It would be really help if Coin Bureau did a video on SAFE. He seems to get a lot of viewers.

4 Likes

Still blockchain, centralized points of failure, not open source ect. With that being said, the longer it takes to produce a working product, the better the chance there is that maid has more established competition even if the product isn’t as good. It appears tha Sia, file and now ICP are all walls to conquer.

4 Likes

The idea of MAID is being communicated through these projects so people will have a good understanding of what we is being achieved here. If MAID is directly compared and comes off as better this could be to our advantage. Essentially, the leg work has been done and our “type” of idea / project is well understood. At this point the market strategy and hook just changes; rather than explaining what safe does we pivot to marketing it as better for x, y and z reasons. Similar to Cardano’s approach.

1 Like

Agree that cardano has definitely taken hold. Some of the leg work is being done, it will be interesting to see how people react to the fact that blockchain is still relatively new to the world and we will be proclaiming that we already have a better way.

From a year of covid to this madness.
What comes next? Full on alien invasion? :alien:

1 Like

Seems to be quite a bit of volcanic activity at the mo… some sort of Mount St. Helens would be classic 2021

2 Likes

The US govt has to report on UAP’s aka UFO’s next month I believe. Maybe we’re in for a surprise!

1 Like

I am just waiting for the hurricane of the century to come take my house out this season. :joy: :tornado:

2 Likes
1 Like

Smart money will buy when no one talks about crypto again…

Yep. Monero just works, and is one of my very few conviction hold-and-accumulates. But even XMR could fall to a fully operational SAFE network.

I agree. Think that as far as pure crypto movements go, the dump is within sight of over, this is just stop fishing on a low liquidity weekend. I’m also looking at some of the new securities rules and it seems that preparations are being laid for financial system defaults/turbulence. If so, there may be another leg down. But hey, ya pays your money and ya takes your chances. I’m buying crypto right now instead of going to bed.

1 Like

On the same page, just seeing the actual legal ‘rubber hitting the road’

Yep. Bags full of those. Also anyone that produces energy metals (Cu, Co, Ni, U, As). I just wish I hadn’t taken that canoe trip with the metals themselves.

Thanks for the long post. Yes, the time to get into the industrial trade was about a year ago, the bags have done reasonably well and the hour is getting late. Cu, as you point out, is going to be a solid long term investment (but there will probably be better entries than right now). The others are shorter term plays in in individual producers (energy and resources is what I know best), but are more of a trading thing. Increased battery consumption is covering the older use-case weakness in these metals and I do believe that will continue in the medium term, barring a full meltdown. Only about 5% of the portfolio anyway and stop losses are in profit so hey. U may or may not end well, indeed, and wouldn’t be my choice of a long term position. WRT ocean extraction, I have done quite a bit of technology assessment, and have always come out super skeptical about the viability of mass production of materials for ocean extraction. Always a few years away, and so far I have yet to see something that pans out at commercial levels. That could of course change :slight_smile:

1 Like

Follow Eric Sproot’s Junior Gold explorers in Newfoundland. New Found Gold is up 10x in a year and probably another 5x from current prices. They are hitting monster grades with their drill results and are only 20% through their drill program

Do you have a cheat sheet or simple guide to digest for the effects of inflation/deflation? I feel like I’ve got a grasp but it’s been a process recently trying to get a big picture of inflation/deflation and how their respective feed back loops affect people and the economy.

To continue Antifragile’s nice response, at base it is simple: what quantity of spendable money exists and what can it be spent on? This quantity includes base money, but also bank deposits (i.e. credit). Since 2009, huge amounts of base money deposits have been created by recycling treasury debt in virtually all OECD countries. This is theoretically a reversible process (e.g. the FED sells the accumulated debt back out into the open market), but in practice, they never will and it is essentially printing money which ends up as base money deposits at major financial institutions.

This new cash is at first only accessible to large financial institutions, so the initial question is how do/can they spend them? The answer so far is into financial markets (more spendable currency → higher asset prices) into companies via debt facilities (which have mostly on net gone to financing stock buybacks), and into underwriting mortgage markets (more spendable money → higher prices). So that is where the first major waves of the new money appeared.

Ordinary people’s first crack at spending any of this new cash comes via stock sales (assuming they had financial assets before), or via being able to loan (or be paid) more for a house. So the money has a much slower process to filter through and to start appearing in ‘the real economy’. But now, it seems that the wave of cash is leaking into ‘bad’ price rises, e.g. in inputs. More expensive food, raw materials, land, etc. All because there is more spendable deposits in the hands of entities that spend money on that stuff compared to production levels.

Where this turns bad, is that if people and companies have to spend more on non-discretionary inputs, then they will have less surplus with which to service debt/expand/consume. Imagine a household now looking at their vehicle and grocery budget and saying ‘we have to downsize’. Further, if financial institutions look at the future expansion of prices and decide that on current trajectories, they are losing money in real terms, the natural thing to do is increase interest rates (e.g. the price at which they lend money to the broader population. This of course means that people/companies can borrow less … and if they pay down debt instead, it destroys spendable currency.

I think this is where we are now… if the markets were left alone, interest rates would rise quickly and asset prices would implode. But if they keep their foot on the gas, there is enough money leaking out of the financial world to keep bidding up real world inputs, and increasing the pressure on free cash flows… e.g. the longer they do it, the more pressure will exist for interest rates to rise, and the less cash flow will be available to service debt.

2 Likes

@Antifragile How well works Haven protocol during this weekend? What trade you was able to do this time ?

2 Likes

Parts are closed source, some open source bits cannot be copied and it requires special hardware they provide. Hmm.

Seems like NNS is centralised and has closed source components. The NNS seems to control identities and access too.

It looks like they want to become the next big monopoly, rather than removing monopolies. I’ll pass!

10 Likes