Other Coins - Price & Trading topic

If it could be put in an isa which I believe would have been possible it could have been huge, even without to be honest. Alot of ppl trust fidelity.

1 Like

A firm with nearly $2.5 trillion AUM will not bother with a tiny and highly volatile speculative market. The whole custodian thing was about pleasing the random customer who wanted to store their BTC safely, nothing more.

1 Like

the thing that makes a good custodian is they have some kind of deposit insurance. I don’t know of any exchange that currently does have this. The closest thing is like binance SAFU fund, but an in house “insurance” does not protect you from exit scams or larger thefts. That’s why when they exit scam investors are SOL. If the bank exit scammed it would be the insurance companies that are SOL having to cover the deposits that were made by customers.

3 Likes

Sure the fed can print what the cryptospace took to built 10 years, within a week. Fun fact is that everybody holding fiat dollars can’t fork Repotoken, everybody is absolutely silent. In the cryptospace within a day we can fork something if we disagree. Maybe this should just be a clear sign to us, to tell everybody to remain absolutely silent if they don’t hold crypto and still try to come and regulate us. Next time you think we need guidance think about that…

Repotoken is #1 now, bitcoin deal with it

Hmmmmm maybe Tether could print $278 billion and… send it to a burn address to show all those people what they are working for… it wouldn’t be the first time https://www.trustnodes.com/2019/07/14/tether-prints-5-billion
:stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Fidelity’s thing was largely about secure storage. You put your BTC there, you know it stays there. Even if somebody comes at you with a wrench. So, they wouldn’t.

2 Likes

ya true if you are like a crypto gagillionaire you prolly don’t just want all your gagillions on some wallet you have to protect personally. The freaking mafia will come to your house and make you send them the funds lol. You deff want someone else holding it that will just say sorry no not giving you the money.

3 Likes

It’s more about leave and forget though. From what I heard, the target audience were people who were already customers and wanted to dabble in crypto for probably no more than curiosity. It wasn’t some great strategic move as crypto folks liked to assume :rofl:

BAKKT - example of what is expected from this platform and reality after first week.

Daily trades first week: 2 BTC.
Oct 19 trades first week: 619 BTC
Nov 19 trades first week: 6 BTC

The target was/(is) to have big volume of daily trades, while it is not popular.

https://cryptopurview.com/bakkt-bitcoin-volume-in-the-first-week-and-road-ahead/

3 Likes
3 Likes
6 Likes

You guys should have a look at RVN, this thing is a beast for middle term trading :sunglasses:

1 Like

Poloniex is going to delist on Tuesday, October 15th, at 16:00 UTC:
Pascal (PASC), Steem (STEEM), Navcoin (NAV), GameCredits (GAME), LBRY Credits (LBC), and Clams (CLAM).

Good that MAID is SAFE.

11 Likes

What is the situation with MAID margin trading? It looks like they did not stop it. Does it work normally, or is it in some closing mode?

2 Likes

its in closing mode. You can only place orders that reduce your position and they are gradually reducing leverage. Not sure how far along they are with this as I have no margin position I can go check.

2 Likes

Steem being delisted. Who would have thought that?

3 Likes

Steem did very well. I thought it will die in months. For me it was always a mistery how can something have value from nothing. The whole idea is flawed. How can be someone paid for content creation without anybody paying for that content? Crypro market will be healthy when steem market cap will be 0.

1 Like

In summer 2016, Steemit was a nice little goldmine though, even for newcomers.

2 Likes

for some strange reason people still made content and for some even stranger reason there was actually a market for the steem dollars that didn’t crash to zero :stuck_out_tongue: Really on the SAFE network there will be “money from nothing” the difference being it actually has a place to go recycle in the economy.

1 Like

If safenet were like steem, than best parallel would be miners are paid by network, users can upload and download for free and the whole network hopes to survive thanks to neverending market buy support from new investors. Simply pyramid scheme.

3 Likes