Other Coins - Price & Trading topic

I forgot to tell you what the purpose of this topic is.

Here we are signaling things that we believe are good speculation in the short term.

It is clear that everyone in this forum believes that the future is Safe, so I think you will agree that people who speculate on other tokens anyway will be happy to make a little more money to buy more MAID?

Privacy. Security. Freedom

3 Likes
2 Likes

Anyone else surprised to see Tezos sponsoring in F1 so extensively? That’s some serious spending.

2 Likes

Ah, I see it’s an NFT thing, so they are heavy in the merch.

1 Like

Tezos is a pretty good example of what we might want to see for a marketing approach. They have a tumultuous past and have been highly ignored by the traders because of lack of massive appreciation but they really have the trifecta now in terms of marketing.

• strong community with grass roots word of mouth marketing
  • dapp s that are becoming more sophisticated and market for themselves
  • the Tezos foundations partnerships, marketing, education, grants, etc

I think we have a strong and educated community already but we should make sure it’s one that can grow effectively with shared pre set marketing materials like what @m3data was doing or being able to share podcasts like @fergish produce, the comp sheets @Bargo_d shares, @Dimitar’s approaches/data/calendars/etc.

Next we’ll need apps being built, grants from BGF thanks to @BambooGarden, these apps to be useful and grow sophisticated while also marketing themselves and building their own communities, and finally for @maidsafe or it’s foundation to also do a more broad marketing of the network while forming and advertising partnerships.

OneOf is a great example of an app on Tezos that is rooting itself in the mainstream with well known artists providing affordable “clean NFTs” (which is a term the community created and the TF and others decided to run with) and they market themselves. One ad was in time square of NY City (that can’t be cheap!).

16 Likes

In the real world, when you make accusations that something is a scam you have to prove it or suffer the consequences. The Hex community, which has more than 40k active members, is suing Binance and CoinMarketCap:

2 Likes

Hex has yet to prove it’s not a scam IMO. Popcorn ready.

1 Like

Hex is an immutable blockchain contract that is in direct competition with Bitcoin - the only thing it does is store value by monetizing time.

The average time for which people have staked Hex is 5.7 years, and it is very clear to everyone who has staked that he will receive more hex and accordingly speculate on the fiat price of the token.

We live in a world where money is printed out of nowhere and people exchange that money for color pictures with the face of a dog. In this world, Hex is better than other contenders for a custodian of value.

We also live in a world where folks throw up fancy numbers (and colors) with speculation and expect results. Hopefully the folks who invest in hex will get what they signed up for.

1 Like

Don’t worry friend, if they get it, everything will go for something that brings real value in our world - the Safe Network :love:

No worries at all, I’m not into hex. But I am into Safe and I do believe in this project can bring real value and change in our world when it’s delivered.

2 Likes

I’m glad I didn’t have a drink in my mouth when I read that
shaq-inside-the-nba

3 Likes

At the conceptual level, Hex and Bitcoin are very, very similar:

HEX is like Bitcoin with a proof of work change. BTC and HEX are analogous. Bitcoin and HEX are peer to peer networks that store and transmit value. In Bitcoin, miners buy mining hardware and electricity from companies. In HEX miners buy HEX from other HEX holders then use time to mine. HEX is Proof of Wait instead of Proof of Work.

Inflation Incentivizes Behavior

Bitcoin Inflation pays miners.
HEX Inflation pays stakers.

Incentives are Divided Up

Miners mint new BTC by their % of the total hashrate.
HEX stakers mint new HEX by their % of the total shares.

Keeping Score

Bitcoin mining = HEX staking
Your Hashrate = Your Shares
Difficulty = Total shares
Buying more miners = Share price increases
Block reward = Inflation + Penalties

Network Protection

In Bitcoin total hashrate is value invested in the protocol, it protects against 51% attacks.
In HEX Share marketcap is value invested in the protocol, it protects the HEX price against selling.

More here: HEX.COM

I am not going to read the complaint but ffs, maybe we should sue people who called us a scam, or who won’t list maid or don’t believe in the project. :rofl: if we did that I would certainly see this as a scam.
Who else litigates constantly, faketoshi.
Let’s get real.

1 Like

HEX seems to have more in common with Bitconnect.

Time will tell. My prediction is that Hex will continue to exist and grow, but anything is possible. It will certainly be interesting to follow the case against CoinMarketCap - Hex is not the only token placed manually on third page…

It might continue to exist and grow, the world is not always a rational place. HEX main pusrpose seems to be to make Richard Heart rich. It seems to be some scam like things going on with HEX supply, if that is the case then CMC is doing the right thing. Also by locking in so called “stakers” from selling, that means Richard Heart can cash out quick to a relative a higher price.

2 Likes

They are up to 6 million in trading volume, 90% of tokens unlocked. 80k Twitter followers.

3 Likes

Protection for investors, Gensler says…whatever. If he has his way, I’ll lose far more money than I’ll ever lose in a rugpull or volatile market. Who’s gonna protect me from the SEC?

3 Likes

There was no way ever in any realm of fairies or dragons that the US would not fight tooth and nail to protect the dollar.

1 Like