Other Coins - Price & Trading topic

Another safe coin to confuse folks?

4 Likes

Wow, the word ‘Safe’ is getting crowded, so I was thinking what’s the next best word in our lexicon, perhaps ‘Vault’ - then a quick search resulted in 4 Vault related coins! Seems every word is owned in some way - feels like domains. Perhaps we use a word that is unpronounceable, and we refer to the network as the ‘the network formerly know as Safe’ :wink:

2 Likes

I was think about that as well and use a symbol instead.

we have a symbol for pounds and dollars euros etc already on ASCII
why not adopt an already existing ascii symbol that is already available.
ie ASCII CODE 245 would give us this §

so in the future
£ = Pound
$ = Dollar
€ = Euro
§ = Safe

3 Likes
  Can anyone do ASCII art? I find it impossible. 
            __
           /\ \
          / /\ \
         / /__\ \
         \/____\/
10 Likes
Is this better
                __
               / /\
              / /\ \
             /_/__\ \
             \_____\/
            __
           / /\
          / /\ \
         /_/__\ \
         \_____\/

without the colour

4 Likes

Or like this?

19 Likes

I think your art just made it to the next test net release.

6 Likes

If so, I would be super happy about it! Actually any kind of finger print or tiny smudge on the official side of things would.

4 Likes

Made one more, because I wanted to see if it can be rotated to true Maidsafe position…

Quite off-topic… sorry!

3 Likes

Brutal Carlinesque rebuttal by Saylor.

2 Likes
3 Likes

And it is gone:

Privacy. Security. Freedom

8 Likes

Safemoon sounds like a pyramid scheme to me. It encourages new entrants to push the price up and punishes those who sell, by redistributing some of their coins to other holders.

I’m not sure what it’s purpose is, other than getting enough mugs to buy in, to allow others to sell out at a profit. It doesn’t seem to have any other use case and the punishments would make it an awful currency too.

How this coin ended up being essentially advertised in national press is shameful.

4 Likes

Getting listed is also an interesting thing :wink: Many questions

4 Likes

A complete scam coin and unfortunate they had safe in their title. 95 percent of all coins will be looking like that chart soon imo.

2 Likes

Their coinmarketcap watchers is 600k too. MAID has 11k. Even filecoin only has 100k.

All very fishy.

5 Likes

Sounds like a bot-army to me.

4 Likes

Only a surprise for those living under the boot of Omni protocol where getting anything listed anywhere is an expensive security nightmare. SafeMoon is (was?) a BEP-20 token, Binance Smart Chain BSC. Binance have been using their power, influence and cash to compete with Ethereum/ERC20. The main 5.5 billion dollar DEX it was listed on is Pancakeswap, a literal Uniswap clone (code, comments and all). Anyone can get listed there to tap those liquidity pools.

2 Likes

Hey @krnelson,

you know I’m in support of the ERC20 token. In my opinion, David has already understood how the situation with decentralized exchanges has changed in the last year and sees the advantages in them.

My thought is that it is tempting to speak the same thing again and again because we know it is the right way.

At the same time, there is no point in rubbing it again and again. Anything in time, let’s wait for the things to stabilize with the tests, anyway this will probably bring in new capable people to the community and MaidSafe may not have to do anything.

Privacy. Security. Freedom

1 Like

I wrote that not to rub anything in that was not my intent sorry if it came across that way David. I was just addressing why surprise is not really warranted. Major DEXs pick up tokens all the time, CEXs follow their lead. I know David and team are working too hard to see far out into the rest of the decentralised space so I was providing information.

This I do not agree. With every new testnet we are closer to launch and that means the urgency for enabling access to everyone is that much higher. See points I just posted here for more.

1 Like