Other Coins - Price & Trading topic

As projects and/or economic gain, I believe there is money to be made in the ones I listed. I don’t like the function of xrp but doesn’t mean it won’t go up. That short list all have some level of ecosystem built, ADA being the least of the group. I personally won’t be exchanging any maid for them because this project when it’s ready will be virtually untouchable in my opinion, but there will be plenty of gains elsewhere in the mean time for sure. We have yet to see sustainable growth really outside of BTC and ETH, a 3-5 year projection is difficult Bc of that but when we get an inevitable sustained bull run, i believe these projects will move up substantially.

1 Like

Do not exchange … I appreciate your point of view.
There is no talk in this price project, not even in the Maid Trading groups, but what price do you think Safecoin can get when you say it can be untouchable?

1 Like

Untouchable in the sense that, the project will solve more issues, have more use cases and provide more function than anything on the market. Price is anyone’s guess but you would hope it is commensurate with what the network will offer.

3 Likes

Safecoin has two very strong Pumpamentals:

• it’s free for 2 billion people with internet
  • you can “eat” it

You see how successful Bitcoin is precisely because it has a freemium in the beginning.

The problem with the most cryptocurrencies is that they are not edible, ie. can be printed on paper by the rich. You can’t do the same with food, water and housing. Safecoin is these 3 things at once.

What would be the price? Growing. We have a growing resource (hdd, cpu, bandwidth) because of technological progress. We have a final currency. Only 4.3 billion. The price will rise along with technological advances and the increase in the resource you can buy with Safecoin.

2 Likes
2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Buying SAFE-FS Coins Thread

This guy knows his stuff. They interviewed him on the gold podcast. Apparently he wrote that book in 23 days.

1 Like

Hey @dirvine,

many crypto companies (including storj and bittrex) take out cheap loans because of the virus, have you considered such a possibility?

1 Like

We don’t have any debt. It’s something we try hard to maintain. I suspect loans are an issue, if you want to close a business then an easy way is give them a loan, then along the way demand immediate repayment or worse. So they can be dangerous,

21 Likes

Can you please confirm if this refers to traditional bank debt?

Is there still a debt obligation for the 20M loaned maidsafecoin (source)?

Is there some kind of obligation to bnktothefuture shareholders which allows them to exchange maidsafe shares for maidsafecoin (source)? Would this be a kind of debt, or is it considered equity?

Just trying to understand here, not trying to drag up past debates; it seems to me there is some sort of debt.

1 Like

Hey Mav,

I participate in both schemes and I can confirm to you that the loaned maidsafecoin have not been returned and that my shares are in the bnktothefuture company, not directly in the MadeSafe company

3 Likes

Yes this is traditional bank debt or institutional debt.

Yes that debt is still in place. It’s covered by my own personal equity. So the company does have a debt to me over a 5 year period after launch. So we can consider it a liability/debt on the company, but not institutional. From an accounting perspective then you are probably correct we are looking at reporting it as a liability, there was a question over it being a contingent liability, but probably easier to make it a current liability.

That is equity, but this is where we worked during the crowd sale to benefit equity holders. Equity holders have an option to “sell” their equity for safecoin. It’s not an obligation and not a company liability. The option becomes valid on launch though and the safecoin don’t come from maidsafe they are created at launch as per the crowd sale docs. That’s just me trying to make sure everyone has options they can execute for their own benefit. It does cause some confusion though, but it’s an option made available by the network and crowd sale agreement.

12 Likes

Speaking of Bnktothefuture, is anyone here that participated NOT an accredited investor?
I noticed they have some kind of check for accreditation by a third party upon login, has anyone done that and what were the results? I’m also curious if they are still sharing BTC mining profits for participating in the Maidsafe crowdfund?

1 Like

“Accreditation” usually means self accreditation: answering a handful of questions in an online form. If you answer ‘correctly’ you pass.

I think it’s is really just covering the broker, pretty pointless.

4 Likes

This is true. I lied to the questions to become an accredited investor … :sascha:

2 Likes

Phew okay. I figured I’ve got copies of my shares and that Maidsafe would likely honor the Safecoin allocation but was weary of loggin in and having that back fire. Thanks @happybeing @Dimitar

2 Likes

Brock Pierce was one of the largest initial MaidSafeCoin investors and probably continues to be. He is also prime candidate for sneaking Safe logo into “Ralph Breaks The Internet” movie. I think it’s great that he is running for President on a tech orientated message that can only be positive for the Safe Network, regardless of politics.

1 Like

Technically yes, but he is also the responsible for the infamous crowdsale disaster we had to endure after engineering the distorted incentives for mastercoin holders, pumping his shitcoin to exit along with David Johnston. Maidsafe was left with useless mastercoin tokens that lost value overnight after the pumping was over. They scammed Maidsafe in a big way.

My first impression when I met him was that he was a huge asshole, and everyone I know who dealt with him agrees with this impression.

Btw, there is zero evidence of Brock pierce putting the Safe logo in the movie. The most likely thing that happened is that someone in the production typed “safe internet” in google images and grabbed a bunch of logos from security companies, including the Safe Network.

4 Likes

The last BTC dividend I received was from 13 Jun 2018:

Screenshot_2020-07-08_19-21-24

1 Like

who he? who him?

2 Likes