OPEN INVITE - LIFE IS PEOPLE - ANTS meet up Saturday 12th September

As discussed…offline wallet storage of MAID:

For the MAID tokens that are part of the sidechain omni tech, they can be saved offline/cold wallet. This is the safest way (If you are comfortable with how to do it) to store the MAID tokens.

It is how I store most of my MAID right now since it will not move until it is being transferred to my SAFEcoin wallet. You can create an offline wallet via Armory Bitcoin Armory or use the html/js script GitHub - pointbiz/bitaddress.org: JavaScript Client-Side Bitcoin Wallet Generator on a live version of TAILS (on a computer that won’t connect to the internet for super paranoid). Just make sure you have the private/secret key safe and usable when you later migrate the value to SAFEcoin.

2 Likes

mindmap #66 ANTSmeet up ii

#theantsarecoming

1 Like

But we do still get benefits for leaving it online 24/7?

Yes because you have more time for farming.

The move away from persistent vaults means the previous extra benefits for remaining online 24/7 are either not there anymore or greatly reduced. It was seen as a (security) benefit that vaults restarted regularly.

And there is the question that if one has “old” chunks only in their vault that are never accessed then even leaving it on will be no benefit, the vault will not earn anything if nothing is got. By restarting your vault regularly then you will not be caught with a vault that earns almost nothing for months on end.

2 Likes

Pure human creativity at its finest. Is it for sale?

1 Like