Omniwallet not allowing import of private key

is there a way to refresh the wallet i am not seeing? i logged out, closed chrome completely, restarted and it still doesnt work ><

do you have any adblockers on?

yes, i just tried disabling it, but still not working =(

I just logged in and it works for me. Windows 8.1 x64 and Chrome Version 48.0.2564.109 m.

I don’t think it’s an issue with Omniwallet, more likely the version of chrome you are using…
Also, I recommend removing the wallet and retry adding the private key and making sure you are not inserting blank spaces.
I would also try reverting to the classic blockchain.info and export my private key raw text since they’re Beta and who knows how well that works

1 Like

I imported a private key into omni wallet today and was confused that I could not send safe from the newly imported private key. I contacted Adam at omni wallet in the chat which is linked to at the bottom of the omniwallet.org page and he first let me know that there needs to be enough btc in that new wallet to pay for a transaction which there was then he suggested that I log out then log back in and that worked.

2 Likes

A little bit off topic but interesting for this thread, I just received an email from blockchain.info to confirm a new IP from which I’m logging in. This IP was from Austria and belongs to an attacker which deciphered my password… Sigh…I am very careful what links I open so I haven’t been phished, this makes me think blockchain.info has some major security bugs in its beta version. Fortunately I have been able to withdraw the small amount of coins I got there and changed the password.

LOL, what’s up with these stories?

This site should publish these in the first fantasy horror book for the SAFE network named “Tales from the Crypt0”

Yup a couple popped up recently but I think it’s natural for this to happen when interest spikes in the project and people buy coins or discover that they lost the keys of their Bitcoin addresses etc.
I posted my incident with blockchain.info because I thought it might help OP

Edit: I will check if the confirmation emails from blockchain.info are received only when username+password are both correctly inserted or also if only the username alone guessed

still not working. =(

how did you get in touch with the guy that runs the wallet? it would be great to talk to him directly

thanks

My problem was with blockchain.info. There’s a support page where you can raise a ticket. I’m dumping them though because they’ve messed with my private keys during beta update and I believe I have lost that BTC. Pretty sick

There is a way to get the private key in the original format (that is how I got my private key to work) - you just have to use a script in your browser while logged in. I can give it you but its best you get it from them.

Could you please share this script?
EDIT: Solved. I used bitaddress wallet details to convert base58 uncompressed private key into base58check compresed private key.