Omnicore wallet - the most secure wallet for your Maidsafecoins

I’ve been stuck a few times wanting to make a ‘quick’ transaction with some coin I haven’t used in a while, and syncing blockchains can take hours or more after a few weeks or months, which has caused me frustration, hence the desire to avoid that issue.

I also use tiny tablets with well under 100gb storage for my cold wallet devices, and cold wallets need to remain offline to minimise risk, so armory is a suitable option for me.

Thanks for the info though - it’s an option I wasn’t very aware of and may be just what someone needs.

1 Like

Just curious. I’ve asked this elsewhere before, but never got any clear answers.
When will (roughly) the ACTUAL Maidsafe wallet be available? - ie when we hold real maidsafe coins rather than tokens in the Omniwallet.

1 Like

When it’s ready… they’re not building things that have been built before and no one has a yardstick to measure development by. They’re innovating and creating an entirely new solution, that makes it much harder to predict how things will progress. A development like SAFEcoin is still dependent on other developments, some of which might be done in days or weeks, or it could take months to get some of them right. There’s really no way to know whether things will work properly until they are being tested and doing what they’re supposed to do, so I’m not surprised you never got a clear answer, there’s no way for anyone to know. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I can tell you that we universally hope it will be this year and many are optimistic. That’s the best I could offer.

3 Likes

Probably never actually! The point is to switch maidsafecoin with real safecoin (1:1) once the network is launched. Maidsafecoin can be stored in any bitcoin wallet, so that’s enough for now I guess. Safecoin will have its own type of “wallet” once the network is launched :slight_smile: Or were you talking about real safecoin and not maidsafecoin :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: ?

1 Like

Thank you! That’s the best answer I’ve got so far :grinning:
I asked because in every dev update, they talked about apps etc, making no mention of the “wallet”, which is always the first thing other projects would roll out. Wonder why the “wallet app” was never mentioned - or did I missed that?

1 Like

Thanks to the amazing bochaco!

Obviously there will be other wallets and all kinds of different functionality

2 Likes

This sounds cool, but I was referring to the “Official” Maidsafe wallet, where we can redeem our ICO tokens currently held in Omni wallet into our native Maidsafe token operating in the Safe network.

1 Like

Yeah, that’ll come along with testsafecoin etc a little further down the road. If the next release goes smoothly then perhaps that won’t be too far away though. If things work then development can go pretty quickly, problems take time to fix sadly.

1 Like

Great. Waiting patiently with everyone else :slight_smile: When launched, that must be an epic moment. Never seen a project under development for this long. The devs really have stamina!!

3 Likes

On an epic level, yes, but they have a cause worth fighting for, which is the most powerful kind of motivator.

2 Likes

Ok you’re talking about “safecoin” and not “maidsafecoin” sorry I got confused :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

On this network, it is all about storing data really. The Safecoins will just be a special type of data. Obviously with that data representing value, you want to make sure you have a solid network to store it. So for now the focus is on storing data of little value, and the coins will kinda be one of the last things added. (additional non-essential features will of course be added later on)

1 Like

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: My MaidSafe is stuck in Pending in my Omni Wallet

Hi all,

I have a quick question. I downloaded the OMNICORE wallet to store some coins Now while the syncing at first has worked fine, I’ve been stuck late 2016 for weeks with almost no movement. Is there any way to speed up/reset the process? e.g. download the blockchain and import it directly to the wallet directory? Or transfer coins to a different wallet that doesnt need to sync the entire blockchain? It was a rookie mistake I made…Any other suggestions would also be appreciated. Smiley

Cheers guys!

@Jinso, do you have the private keys to the BTC address your coins are stored on? If you do then omniwallet.org wallet can be used to send coins if needed.

Otherwise you might have to restart the node from scratch, sounds like the node’s database might be corrupted.

1 Like

Thanks!

I’ll give that a try

Another thing you could try is seeing if you can sync with Bitcoin Core, then switch to Omni Core if/when you get synched up. I’m not sure which version of BTC Core that Omni Core is branched from, but it potentially could be an older version that is missing some bug fixes or optimizations that could help with your issue.

Is anyone else having issues connecting to Omniwallet? I think their site might be down?

Its down for me too. Getting a cloudflare 502 error (bad gateway) so the https server is likely to be offline

2 Likes

Thanks for checking Neo!!!

2 Likes